𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

a/n— little late night upload because
i'm so excited for this story to progress!

────────── · 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ──────────

     JOSIE COULDN'T WAIT TO GET TO BILL AND FRANK'S

JOSIE COULDN'T WAIT TO GET TO BILL AND FRANK'S. The thought of a hot shower, a warm meal, and finally learning how to make her own arrows, she was excited. Though Josie, and Joel too, couldn't help but wonder how Bill would react to Ellie. They could only hope their first interaction wouldn't begin the same way as it had when Bill first met Josie.

The journey seemed to take longer than usual now that Ellie was with them. Josie ended up having to remind Joel that she was just a kid and not used to making the long journey like they were.

"I've never been in the woods," Ellie looked around as she chewed. "More bugs than I thought."

Josie laughed, "I imagine you haven't been most places".

As Joel and Ellie began to bicker again, this time about Tess and how no one forced them all to take them, Josie chose to walk around and explore. But only the immediate area, because she could see Joel watching her from the corner of his eye.

"How much longer?" Ellie asked Josie. It was clear she was done speaking to Joel, at least for the moment.

"Uh, about a— five-hour hike?" She turned to Joel for confirmation, who nodded as he bent down to pick up his gun.

Ellie picked up her backpack, "we can manage that".

A majority of those 5 hours was quiet. Ellie tried to start a conversation a few times, but even Josie was too tired to give anything other than short responses.

"Are Bill and Frank nice?" Ellie tried again.

"Frank is," Josie and Joel answered at the same time. Josie put a hand over her mouth as she tried to contain her laughter.

"How'd you get that scar on your head? What— is it something lame? You fall down the stairs or something?"

Joel gave a heavy sigh, realizing she wasn't going to let up. "I didn't fall down any stairs."

"Okay so what?"

"Someone shot at me and missed."

Ellie jogged a few steps to walk beside him. "See that's cool. Did you shoot them back?"

"Yeah. But I missed too, happens more often than you think."

"'Cause you suck at shooting or like, in general?"

This time Josie couldn't contain her laughter, which she quickly came to regret as Ellie's attention was now on her.

"How'd you get that scar on your neck?"