Chapter 1: The Interdimensional Greeting

A long, long time ago, in a city far far away, there was a gang of bad guys, consisting of an anthropomorphic wolf, shark, snake, piranha, and tarantula, who committed a lot of crimes, including stealing.  Thankfully, after defeating a wealthy   and scientist who suggests that the wolf's group start doing "good deeds", but is secretly an evil and greedy individual intending to steal from his own charity, and after getting help from a certain governor fox named Diane Foxingtont to become good, they eventually become good guys, get released from prison early in light of their good behavior and leave with Foxington.  But they're not the only ones who became heroes, because what they didn't know was that there would be a duo that would also become heroes, not just from another town, but from another dimension entirely.  The duo would consist of a former knight for a kingdom called the Institution who was kicked out when he was accused of murdering Queen Valerin, and a shapeshifter who insists on being the sidekick to the knight.  After they helped save the kingdom from someone truly evil, The Director, they were eventually honored as heroes.  Now, you might think the gang of anthropomorphic animal bad guys and the knight and shapeshifter would live happily ever after.  But the thing is: If you really want a happily ever after, you can never let your true friends down because the true evil monsters are always out there.

Our story starts at a hideout where after seeing that the shapeshifter, Nimona, managed to survive, the former knight, Ballister Boldheart, shows pride and is glad to see Nimona once again.  So, once Ballister cleaned Nimona up, he officially handshakes Nimona's hand and makes her his new sidekick.  A few days later, while Ballister looks at his internet feed to see how the Institution is doing, he finds something interesting online: A theory about a special type of rock that can take you to different dimensions.  So, after deciding to go look for the rock, he eventually finds them at a store, and once he enters inside, he starts wondering why they're being sold.

"Good morning, good sir.  You must be Ballister Boldheart.  I heard so many things about you," said the store clerk, very enthusiastic to see Ballister after he and Nimona saved the kingdom.  "What can I do for you?"

"Well, I heard about this specific rock that can take people to different dimensions," said Ballister.  "I do need to wonder why it's being sold here."

"Well, you see, I'm selling them because they have so much value and I figured there might be some nerd out there who really wants a piece of this rock," said the store clerk, explaining why he was selling the rock.  "The rock, of course, doesn't really have a name, sadly, but thankfully, I named it the Dimension Stone, just for fun."

"How much does it cost?" asked Ballister.

"Well, it's basically $200, but since you and your awesome sidekick helped save the kingdom, I'll give it to you for free," said the store clerk, really being kind and nice and giving Ballister the rock.

"Wow.  I-I don't know what to say.  Thank you," said Ballister, as he exited out the door.

"You're welcome.  Glad I could help.  Come back and visit whenever you like," said the store clerk, smiling.

So, after grabbing the rock and heading back to the hideout, Ballister then wonders what to do with the rock.

"Wow.  I can't believe this rock has so much interdimensional power.  I think I should tell Nimona," said Ballister, before realizing that maybe he can surprise her.  "On second thought, I'll surprise her.  After all, I think I might have an idea on how I can use this."

So, he decides to go to his lab area and start building a new type of machine: A interdimensional portal ray that can teleport him and Nimona to different dimensions.  So, after a few hours of work, Ballister then places the Dimension Stone in the ray and it turns on.  While Ballister was very proud of what he's done, Nimona comes in, curiously.