𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙤

❝y/n l/n the woman who sacrificed❝

they had finally made it to Ooo and back to Marceline's cave

they had finally made it to Ooo and back to Marceline's cave. The woman on Jake's back still passed out from escaping her prison, the giant dog's footsteps echoed throughout the dank environment. it was still dark outside of the cave, so the lights to the small and cozy home were off indicating that Marceline was most likely sound asleep. Jake's size grew smaller as the older woman stayed secured on his back, Finn hopped off of him and ran to the door, repeatedly knocking on it, the loud noises echoing throughout the moist cave. some of the lights turned on as Finn backed away from the door to see Marceline opening the door up with a scowl pointed at the two, she was not happy for being woken up in the middle of the night, so these two better have something good to tell her who she's gonna kick their asses.

"What?" she hissed out in annoyance, Finn nervously chuckled at her, slightly fearful of her irritation with him and Jake, but then he remember why they'd come here in the first place, after the two had basically ripped her out of the melting ice.

"We have something for you Marceline!" Finn exclaimed happily this time, the nervousness washing away from him. Jake pulled the woman from behind him, her pale complexion an icy blue, one that matched the Ice King's own skin. Her hair was still it's natural h/c hair, though it had white streaks throughout her locks.

Marceline stopped, her breath hitching as she saw the unconscious woman who seemed as though she hadn't aged one bit, unlike the Ice King. the young vampire went over to the woman and kneeled down beside her, brushing her locks to the side so she could better see the other's face. She noticed the necklace that connected the older woman to her best friends crown, oh how was she gonna react when she sees the Ice King, she'll feel as if she failed both Marceline and Simon.

"Who is she Marceline?" Finn asked her.

"Yeah, and why was she covered in ice when we found her?" Jake questioned with crossed arms. 

"her names y/n l/n, we have, uh, history together. She disappeared when I was a kid," Marceline admitted. Finn frowned and took the picture he found in the woman's pack and pulled it from his pocket, slowly handing it to Marceline, both brothers were silent as they did so. Marceline took it and silently cried on the inside. They were so happy back then, why had it come to this?

"whoa! the stars are so pretty!" a young marceline spoke, looking up to the sky with a giant smile on her pale grey face, her short locks blowing in the wind.

"see, told you, you'd love it up here. me, simon, and our families would always star gaze on saturday nights, we would roast marshmallows by the fire," y/n explained, rocking the two side to side as marceline rested her chin on her arms that were crossed on top of the older ladies head, her plushie being held in the younglings hand.

"really? you and simon did that? I wanna do that. Simon, do we have marshmallows?" marceline asked eagerly, momentarily forgetting about the disaster around them.

"fraid not squirt," simon frowned, stuffing a Polaroid away in his bag, which y/n caught.

"did you just take a picture of us si?" y/n asked in a teasing manner, simon rolled his eyes as y/n laughed at him.

"awe, i really wanted to roast a marshmallow," marceline moaned in disappointment. the two adults laughed at her dismay as y/n took the small child off her shoulders and looked her in the eyes.

"do you even know what those are, darling?" y/n asked her.

"no, but you and simon know what it is," she shook her head as y/n held her onto her waist as they walked over to the small fire. they were safe from the Oozers, y/n had made sure of that by finding a place far above ground where those things couldn't reach them, her necklace jingled around her neck as she sat down on her sleeping bag, marceline sitting next to her as simon went to their make shift stove and pan, pouring the soup they found inside of the bowls they found amongst the rubble. he turned to them and handed them their bowls.

"there you are girls," he smiled at them, grabbing his bowl and going to sit next to marceline who was eating her bowl of soup silently. y/n smiled at the small child, brushing her hair with her fingers. she had always wanted children in the past, before her and simon were cursed with these two items, but she was thrilled the universe gave her this little girl who needed the two adults as much as they needed her. 

"this is good," marceline complimented simon who chuckled.

"thank you, but i didn't make this, it was from a can marcy," he said.

"so," she shrugged, setting her bowl down and yawned. y/n put her own bowl down and gently guided the young girl down so she could lay on the older ladies lap so she could sleep, and in just a few minutes, the young girl was out like a light. 

"she must've been tired, poor thing," simon commented, finishing his bowl.

"this isn't a place for her to grow up in, she shouldn't be living like this Si, she's just a child," y/n said. Simon frowned and rubbed her arm in comfort, he knew how much Marceline meant to her, she basically saw the child as her own, and so did he. they were her parents in this world, and they were trying their best to keep her safe from all of these things in the world.

"she'll be fine, she has us after all," he smiled as she looked at him. she sighed, knowing he was right. she has them, and that's all that matters. they'll keep her safe.

note: the beginning sucked ass, but the ending was somewhat better i guess, will edit once the story is finished. i love the family dynamic they have, it's very cute.

vote and comment.

word count: 1048