Chapter 2

Ghale would slump over, defeat in his eyes. "So, that's it, huh? My first life is gone?" The entity would shrug. Guess so. You could either stay here with yours truly, or I will send you back in a new vessel." Ghale would bull up his fists. "There has to be a way.. Right?" The entity would shake its head. "Sadly not, even with a god on your side right now, that ain't my job! My job is to- Nevermind." The entity would explain to Ghale before cutting himself off. "What is your job?" Ghale would ask, hopeful. "My job is to clean up the Lost Souls in purgatory. Speaking of which, you're the only one I DON'T sense. Weird, isn't it?" Ghale would look at him, confused. "Then what am I right now?" "Well- you're supposed to have no body but.. Wait.." The entity would reach towards Ghale, shoving a finger hard onto his chest until it poked through. Ghale would shout in pain as the entity felt for his heart, eyes widening. "Holy shit! You're not dead! How in the-" Before the entity could say something else, everything around Ghale would collapse in on itself.

Ghale would jolt up from the ground, screaming. "GAH! WHAT THE HELL? WEIRD GUY, WHAT HAPPENED?" Ghale would shout, looking around to realize he was back in reality. Ghale would look at his body, realizing he was now fully healed. Ghale would get up to look around him, realizing he was still lying where he was before he got sent to purgatory. He would be laying on red stained grass, probably his own blood. He would get up, patting his pants down and looking ahead of him to see his sword laid resting on the side of a tree. Ghale would walk up to it, holstering it onto his waist.

"Hey!" Ghale would hear a girl shout behind him, rushing towards him. "Don't touch that sword, it's very important!" She would run up to Ghale, readying to shoulder bash him. Ghale's combat sense would kick in and he would immediately whirl around her bash, headlocking her. "What the hell are you on about!? The sword's mine!" The girl would scream, punching his forearm as hard as she could. "Get your hands off me, thief!"

As Ghale slowly took his hand off her, he would see a taller man come out of the brush too, facepalming as he saw the girl scowling at Ghale. "Kyrie, what the hell are you-" Ghale would too, realize it was Dreg. "Dreg! Oh my above it's actually you!" Ghale would run up to Dreg, hugging him. Dreg would hug Ghale too, taking off his samurai-like hat. "What the hell happened? I thought you died." Ghale would unwrap his arms and would tell Dreg about everything that happened from the path to the god he met.

Dreg would become more and more surprised as Ghale went on, intrigued by this information. "Thank god you're now back, though, I was beginning to worry what I would do." Ghale would nod, looking towards the girl. "Who's that?" Ghale would ask as the girl was still giving him a mean look. "That's.. My new apprentice, Kyrie. NO, I did not replace you. She just.. Came up to me a few days after your supposed death and wouldn't leave me the hell alone." "HEY! I'M NOT THAT ANNOYING!" Kyrie would slowly get louder, banging her fists on Dreg's arm. Ghale would push her off, giving her a confused look. "Sorry, you guys are just morons." Ghale would scratch his head, bewildered. "Really, this is what you had to pick to be my literal teammate pretty much?" Dreg would shrug. "I told you, she wouldn't leave. I know DAMN well my Elder would've done the same."

As they talked, another man would come out of the brush. "Hey Dreg, I got those flowers-" The man would immediately drop the white lotuses he had in his hands and would look at Ghale. "Holy shit! I didn't kill him?! Thank god!" Ghale would assume this guy was Boris. He would have a different type of attire than Dreg, wearing black iron plated shoulder pads and armor. He would have red dyed hair and yellow eyes. He would have fangs slightly showing from his mouth, as well as being nearly as tall as Dreg. He wouldn't be as slender, though, having a wider build. He would have a long sword holstered to his back with a red jewel embedded into the middle of the guard.

Ghale would also notice the scar on his neck, clearly from the slice Ghale gave him before he bled out. "It's good to see you're not dead, either. I had no other choice, I'm sorry." Boris would widen his eyes. "Are you serious? You're the reason I'm not dead! Hell I got a whole debt to you! I owe you my life!" "Me? An apprentice? I'm honored to have a Rogue have a debt for me." Ghale would tease jokingly, grinning and sighing with relief.