~ Cutter ~

Man, I was joking about how uncomfortable it'd be to sleep in this cage, but I didn't realize how true that actually was.

I haven't even fallen asleep yet and my neck and back are already hurting.

With the current guard situation, I could definitely escape, but I didn't want that anymore.

No, something far greater had been planted in my lap. If I behave enough, I get to join Zoe's squad.

Honestly, I can't believe that I'm genuinely being rewarded for the things I've done.

So, I'll grit and bear with it for now. Not like this is the first time I've slept in a shithole.

As I was trying to sleep, I noticed one of the guards peering through the cage at me.

I opened my eyes and looked over at him.

Cutter: "You make a habit of watching girls while they sleep, buddy?"

Male Operator: "I was told to keep a close eye on you."

Cutter: "You're wasting your time. I don't want to escape now."

Cutter: "That Minerva chick gave me the opportunity of a lifetime."

Male Operator: "...What do you mean?"

Cutter: "She says I can become a fellow Operator if I'm a good enough girl."

The guard reacted with incredible shock.

Male Operator: "W-What!?!?"

Male Operator: "You're lying. There's no way that Minerva would be considering something that ludicrous."

Cutter: "Why do you think I haven't been executed yet, my guy?"

Cutter: "Minerva's been here all day. If she wasn't deliberating about possibly keeping me alive, I wouldn't still have my head on my shoulders."

Cutter: "And if she wants to keep me alive, that must mean she intends to use me for something."

Cutter: "Really, if you thought about it all, it'd be obvious."

Male Operator: "Tch, don't act like you're smarter than me, you fucking lunatic."

Cutter: "If you really don't believe me, go and ask the elf herself. Minerva doesn't seem like the kind of person to lie."

Male Operator: "..."

With a look of frustration, he walked off. I closed my eyes again and attempted to sleep.

However, I found it to be very difficult. The complete and utter lack of padding from the steel floor was just too uncomfortable.

In a moment of frustration, I pulled my hands apart with extreme force, shattering the cuffs around my wrists.

The instant they broke and my magic was returned to me, I ran a mute spell through the cuffs to quieten the sound of them being broken.

There. I can sleep on my arm now. They'll probably be really upset that I did that but I don't fucking care. I just wanna sleep, man.

..

...

....

.....

Haze... Lightning... Blue...

...Cerulean.

I looked down at my rapier, and then up at the squad of PMF Operators who were standing before me.

Ah, I see. This is a dream.

This is what happened earlier today. This is the clearing where they captured me.
If things go the same as they did, I'll take down three of these guys and then Zoe will show up in a flash of lightning, throwing me into the rocks.