~ Zoe, Codename: Cerulean ~

Over the next few days I got in as much rest as possible. It was definitely boring, but also welcome at the same time.

My overall exhaustion didn't really fade that much, though. Everything that has happened over the past month is definitely going to stick with me for a while.

With seemingly no end to the emotional torment I was receiving, I got a message from Minerva telling me that Bloom's funeral was being hosted this afternoon.

I thought about the prospect for a while. I wasn't sure if it was okay for us to attend, or if her family would even want us there.

Bloom would probably want us there, though. Not that she's capable of holding opinions anymore...

With a sigh I decided to take up Minerva's offer and head to her funeral with the rest of the squad, excluding Cutter, for obvious reasons.

After messaging her back she told me that Trotter's funeral was also coming up soon. I guess that's the week it's going to be. Resting and funerals.

I took some time to redo all my bandages to hide my wounds as much as possible as well as clean off any blood.

Then, I borrowed a suit and dress shoes from storage. I wasn't used to dressing up for stuff, so I didn't really have many clothes to pick from.

After putting it all on and making sure I looked and smelled presentable, I headed to the hangar bay to meet up with the rest of my squad.

To my surprise, Quasar was there.

He was looking much better than the last time I saw him, but still not great. He was hooked up to some IV bags that were hanging off of a pole with wheels.

Cerulean: "Quasar? You didn't need to come."

Quasar: "I know, but I wanted to. I got permission from Sera."

Cerulean: "Are you sure? You really should be resting."

Quasar: "And I could say the same about you, Squad Leader."

Cerulean: "...Fair enough."

Quasar: "Bloom... She was the newest to the squad before me. We became good friends."

Quasar: "...It wouldn't feel right to skip out on her funeral."

Cerulean: "Just so we're clear, we may not even be allowed in there. If her family refuses us, we'll have to accept their wishes."

Quasar: "I know, I understand."

Quasar: "To be honest, I don't even know how I'd feel in their situation."

Quasar: "But for me, I at least want to make an effort to show up."

Cerulean: "Alright. If you're sure."

We all boarded the dropship with Spike and I helping Quasar up.

After making sure Quasar and his IV pole were securely strapped in, we took off.

Cerulean: "Wasn't expecting to get to speak with you all again so soon."

Sandsnake: "I guess these two funerals will be the send-off to our squad, then."

Lilybell: "It's a little grim, but I suppose that is the line of work we're in..."

The funeral was being held in Viento, the capital city of Costa del Sol.

It was relatively close to Geo, all things considered, so we didn't have to spend too much time flying across the planet.

The exclamations of surprise from my squad when the city came into view made me smile softly.