two.

Taymor McIntyre

Calvin, Will, and I all got to know each other better as we conversed about life, our interest, and other things for an hour or so. I could not stop laughing as they continuously bickered back and fourth with each other.

"Oh shit!" Will exclaimed as he checked the time on his phone. "It's getting late. Key party startin' soon." He said before turning his head in my direction. "You wanna come? I mean you don't know nobody but it'll still be fun."

Calvin turned towards me as well with a smile upon his lips, he quickly used his tongue to saturate them before speaking. "You gotta go! It's the end of the summer party. It's the party everybody from our school goes to before we all have to go back on Monday. I can introduce you to a few people too so you can make some friends around here."

My lips curled into a smile upon my face. I was happy that Calvin offered to introduce me to his friends but it also upset me because I began to think about all my old friends. I shook the feeling as Will began to talk to me.

"I can put you onto a few bitches too..." He spoke looking me up and down. I felt my face begin to heat up as I noticed him eyeing my cropped hoodie that cuts right below my navel. "I mean if that what you—" He spoke before I cut him off.

"I—...No thanks. I'm actually into guys." I spoke awaiting their response. Exhaling, I mentally prepared myself in case I had to drag my new stepbrothers.

"I TOLD YOU, NIGGA! RUN ME MY MONEY!" Will shouted catching me off guard and causing my eyebrows to knot in confusion. I know these niggas didn't bet on me.

"I was saying that what you wear don't define what you like. Thug wears dresses and shit." Calvin sighed as he looked towards Will.

"Guess that makes him a lesbian then. Now where my money?" Will said as he chuckled at his own corny joke. "He look like a girl in the face anyway." I felt their gaze shift towards me.

"Built like one too." Cal chimes in validating Will's comment. My brows knit together as they inspect my body. I still couldn't process the thought of Will and Cal betting on me so I had to ask just to be sure.

"Did y'all really bet on if I was gay or not?"

Cal nodded his head ass he pulled a small little bankroll from his pockets which consisted of mostly ones and a few bigger bills. "Yeah, that's something that Will and I do a lot. You'll get used to it." He counted out twenty dollars and put the rest back into his pocket before shooting a quick smile towards me. He stashed the money from the wager between his index and middle finger as he stuck his hand out towards his brother.

I swiftly slide in between them during the exchange and take the money from Cal's hands then slide it into my pocket. "And you'll get used to this." I smiled as flipped them off walking backwards out of the living room.

Making my way into the room that belonged to Cal, I locked the door behind me. Not to long I heard loud footsteps begin to come closer followed by a few hard knocks and jill how of the door knob. I heard Cal say "It's okay, you gotta come out at some point." His footsteps drew away from the door as I let out a sigh of relief as I threw myself onto the bed. "Maybe I should unpack." I thought aloud. Grabbing my belongings , I take unpack them. I put my clothes into the drawers Cal left empty for me. I did the same with the free closet space while letter my mind wander thinking about the last few hours.

A knock at the door broke me out of my train of thought. I rose from the bed to open the door. "Who is it?" I asked as I kept my hand on the knob.

"Me." Answered a familiar voice.