Prologue

Taymor McIntyre

"That's everything!" I semi-yelled as I made my way back to the car. I shut the door behind me before I turning to see my childhood home one last time. Almost everything bought back a memory; from the door my mom and I painted blue a couple years back to the flowers we planted in the garden out front. I sighed before walking down the steps on our porch and taking a seat. Remembering these were the setting for my first kiss, I began to chuckle. There wasn't a spot in this house that did not hold some significance. My mom made her way over to me and took a seat next to me.

"I know it's hard but we're gonna be in a bigger house now." She spoke as she laid her head against my shoulder. "Plus you get to have a brother now! Didn't you always want one of those?" She said trying to make things better. "And not only do you get one, not even two— you get THREE!" She said with a smile. She was only making things worse.

"Yeah, when I was a kid but I don't want three other niggas I gotta share everything with. That ain't it." I spoke truthfully.

"Yeah, I feel you. It's gonna be difficult at first but just promise me you'll try to get along with everyone?" She pleaded knowing this transition was going to be hard for me.

"Of course I will." I said sarcastically. "Why wouldn't I?" I asked in a fake upbeat tone.

"Oh, I don't know. I've only know you about..." She looked up pretending to think. "Your whole life? And I raised you by myself. I would know you pretty well you would think." She joked. "Now come on, we gotta go. We only got the movers for a couple hours and I do not want to pay more than I have to." My mom said as she got up and dusted herself off. Reaching out her hand, I grabbed it so she could lift me up from the steps. We both looked at the house once more before she wrapped her arm around my shoulder. I quickly did the same.

"Goodbye, Old House." As I began to pout my mom kissed my forehead.

"Hello new beginnings!" She said as we began walking to her black Range Rover. "I have a feeling you're gonna really like it there."

☽✰

Authors Notes

Please excuse any spelling/grammatical errors. Let me know if you guys are excited to read this story.