1: Return to Inkopolis

Illustration(s) by Tumblr user @Nalina-nw, who recommends the use of light mode to help the images blend better in order to help the overall experience

Y/n L/ns Containment Log: Entry 1

  The last thing you remembered was the sensation of being cold. Something like the wind blowing just under your shirt, or the sudden chills that would bring an unprompted shiver to your spine.

  It was a strange thing to remember, seeing as you could remember finishing some kind of performance as well. You remembered playing a song to a crowd, smiling through a mask that covered your mouth. You remembered packing up a microphone, passing off a guitar, and walking away with the nights earnings.

  You remembered turning a corner, pressing on into the darkness of the night, and then... that sensation. A chill. And now...

  Lights. Blinding lights, and the feeling of sitting on your knees. Walls, all painted a sterile light, and glass walls in front of you. This was a cell, and you were some kind of exhibit. That was something you could remember, now that you thought about it.

  Oh, and you could remember your first reaction to the ones that had put you here...

"...mmm..." Through a chill, your body had quivered, involuntarily jerking you awake. It was funny, you didn't remember falling asleep, yet here you were...

"Ugh..." Your eyes slowly opened, blinking a few times as you planted your hands beneath you, pushing yourself up to the sight of a thin mattress. Yeah, you normally slept on one, but why did it feel so... lumpy?

With a look up, any sleep in your mind vanished, replaced by confusion. The wall in front of you was... white. Sterile in color. That wasn't your bedroom wall.

With a jerk, you ripped your head around, looking around. One wall, the one you had been facing, was blank, white. The others, however... were glass. You were being contained somewhere.

A quick look followed by rapidly approaching panic slowly confirmed your growing suspicions. There was a mattress, and a single toilet. This was a cell. There were no bars, but there was the glass walls. Why were you suddenly in a cell?

Murmurs had slowly drawn your attention away from the empty room you suddenly occupied, and towards the sights just outside. A similarly blank, nearly sterile room, only afforded a table across from your cell, and a chair in which sat... well...

A scream escaped your lips. A shout of panic as you scrambled backwards, pressing yourself against the wall. In that chair, to your utter shock, was none other than your captor.

Taller than you by a wide margin, with brown hairs thin and fibrous like a frayed rope. A large white coat adorned the body of this creature as they stared at you, observing your every action with low mutters. At your shout, this strange being tapped at a large, blue tablet. Their hands were gangly, jointed in ways that scared you, and their teeth, when you could see them, segmented into several pieces, unlike your own solid parts.

This... was a human. The very same species that had gone extinct over 12,000 years ago. But...

  "How are humans alive?" You spoke out loud, prompting a raised brow from the human in front of you. How the hell could something like a human be alive? They were dead. Gone, extinct, and yet, here they were, in...

In...?

  With a low gasp, the realization hit you like a brick. Where were you? What was this place? What were you doing here?