Reunion

Anger wasn't in Vikram's dictionary, never in his years of ruling the kingdom could anyone say that they had seen him angry, he simply wasn't that kind of ruler or at least he never showed his temper in front of anyone. He was kind, understanding and willing to give anyone a second chance if they deserved it, he was there for his people, gave them more than the previous king did, allowed even the most simplest of man to come into his palace to spill their grievances to him and so when one day he rushed into the palace and closed the entire palace down, they allowed the selfless king to be selfish for just that day.

The servants had never seen their Maharaj this angry, more shocking was the person in his arms, the very person he had lost years back, how were they back, more importantly, was Vikram going to lose them again? What then?

The first time he lost them, he shut down, for the first time, the staff had no idea what to do, without the king, the entire palace was a mess, were it not for Vikram's brother Vihaan, perhaps Vikram would have lost more than just you that day.

That day started like any other, for the first time in years, the palace welcomed a commoner in their midst. For years Vikram had worked to be wedded to them without anyone opposing, it helped that when you came into the palace you were a rather simple person who did not demand much or abuse the servant simply because you could unlike other guests that had been over trying to win Vikram's heart. It was obvious to everyone how dearly Vikram loved you, how every sentence you said was taken into consideration, how'd he'd ask for your opinion on even the simplest things such as the jewellery he'd wear for the day.

The court had slowly started warming up to you and you commanded the respect that came with being the spouse of the royal, it was no secret that you two were engaged and were to be wedded in a few months. Vikram had made it very clear to stop all the annoying engagement letter he would receive on a daily basis. His heart was taken he didn't want nor did he need anyone else.

Everything he had and himself was yours.

Over the course of your time in the palace, you grew fond of your personal maid who would help you with everything, she was around your age and easy to converse with, unlike your life which had nothing but misery when you were younger, she had many stories of her and her siblings, of how they would sneak off into town or how they would try to ignore palace duties just to laze around all day even if it did earn them scoldings.

You trusted her, so did Vikram, as far as you know she served Vikram because she wanted to, you would have helped her with anything she had asked for, so why? Why did she betray you? Why was she so tempted by money, what had you done to even be the center of such things, why couldn't you enjoy anything in life without it being ripped apart from your hands everytime?

That day Vikram lost his light.

You opened your eyes, letting out a groan at the brightness of the room. Honestly, if you had known you'd feel the pain of everything happening to you would you even agree to this shit?

Sighing, you sit up slowly taking the covers off your body, before you could say anything you hear a gasp from the side.

Beside you stood a young woman in palace attire, her hair was pulled back into a single braid and her brown eyes had widened in shock. She seemed..familiar, like you had seen her somewhere before.

Before you could ask her anything, she hurried out of the room looking panicked and not long after her leave did another servant come rushing in.

"Your Majesty! Oh! Thank the stars you're alright." They said letting out a sigh of relief.

"Why wouldn't I be?"

They look at you confused before answering, "Right..I don't think you remember but she's the one who was rumoured to have killed you or..tried to I suppose since you're here alive." They shake their head before addressing you once again, "Are you feeling okay? Any pain or anything?"