Kabanata 1

"Grabe ang daming pogi, Zahra!"

Kinikilig na sambit ni Lorraine. Hindi ko mapigilang matawa dahil halos mangisay na'to sa kilig sa bawat poging lalaking nakakasalubong namin. "Ganto pala sa college no." Dugtong pa niya

"Siguro, pero mas interested ako sa mga clubs

"Siguro, pero mas interested ako sa mga clubs. Nakapili ka na ba?" Seryoso kong tanong sa kanya at imbis na sumagot ay inirapan lamang ako nito.

"You're so boring, Zahra!" Irita nitong sabi sa akin sabay hawak sa aking balikat at inikot ako. Gaga talaga. "Look around, baka isa na dyan ang magpapasaya ng college life mo" suhensyo niya.

"Stop! Nahihilo ako at ano bang yang pinagsasabi mo Lorraine, we're just freshman and instead of thinking about how to adjust in our first day

"Stop! Nahihilo ako at ano bang yang pinagsasabi mo Lorraine, we're just freshman and instead of thinking about how to adjust in our first day. Your hunting handsome guys." Depensa ko.

"Blah..blah..blah... Boring" Walang gana nitong sambit.

Well it's not like I don't care. Tama naman si Lorraine, maraming pogi sa paligid namin ngayon. But for now I'm not interested. I'm more stressed on finding a club that suits my interest than looking on other people's faces. And I'm also pressured to do great now in college, lalo't pa na both of my parents are waiting for me to fail. I need to exceed their expectations dahil hindi ko sinunod yung gusto nilang course for me. They didn't force me or anything but I know they want me to take a med course just like them but I chose fashion. My dream course. Kaya kailangan kong ipakita sa kanila na I made the right choice.

 Kaya kailangan kong ipakita sa kanila na I made the right choice

We're enjoying walking and looking around the campus. Many seniors was greeting us with friendly smile and welcoming us. After looking around, napagdesisyunan din namin ni Lorraine na tumingin sa mga organization's booth.

Mayroong clubs and org. for musical, journalism, theater, dance, and other academic organizations. All are free to join it can be based on your course or not.

"Look Lorraine, a dance club!"

I excitedly told Lorraine. She is a great dancer since we're high school. She's actually the team captain of our school cheer dance. "Ohh... Right! Should I join?" She asked and I nodded quickly. "Yes girl that's one of your passion. Go for it!" I told her.

So we decided to go to that booth. "Are you guys interested to join?" Tanong nang babae that handling flyers to other students. Lorraine nodded so the girl looked at me. I smiled awkwardly and said no.

"So ikaw lang?" Tanong niya ulit kay Lorraine. "Uhmm.. Yes!" My friend answered excitedly. "Okay! Please fill up this form and wait for our call for the audition day" the girl explained.

Agad kong kinalabit si Lorraine. "Bakit?" She asked innocently. "Ikot lang ako kita na lang tayo dun sa may bench na yun" I said sabay turo sa bench na malapit sa kinatatayuan namin. She nodded and told me to be careful.

I decided to look around and find any club that suits my interest. Nahagip nang aking pansin ang isang estudyante, nakasuot ito nang isang recyclable gown. I was in awe and decided to take a closer look.

"Wow!" I exclaimed matapos makita sa malapitan ang gown. It was made of newspapers, cds, bottle cups and spoons. I heard the girl laugh. "Ganda ko no?" She jokingly asked. I laugh and nod.

"Yes you are! And this dress

"Yes you are! And this dress...wow.." I said while still admiring the gown. "Are you a fashion major?" The girl asked me so I nod. "Freshman" I shortly said.

"Oh good, do you want to join our org.?" She asked. I smiled.

"Of course! Is there a form to fill up. I'm ready" I excitedly said. "Oh my gosh, calm down girl" she said while laughing. Mukha siguro akong desperado but these was the best org. for me. It's aline in my passion and course.

"You know our org

"You know our org. compete internationally" she said while handling me the application form. I immediately gasped. "No way." Hindi ko makapaniwalang sambit. "Yes actually one of our designs was able to compete in a competition in Thailand, well unfortunately we didn't win but the experience that we got was priceless enough." She explained.

I can't believe it, I feel like I'm floating, even though they lost but competing internationally is already a big deal. "Wow, you're right about the experience and to think your design was recognised internationally was a big thing" I said that she agreed.

"At hindi lang yan we also host a fashion show and gallery for every student's design in our organization. "Oh my gosh! I hope I can make it and get a slot" I said enthusiastically. "Don't worry, I'll make sure to get you in." She said that gives me assurance. Muntik ko na siyang yakapin sa sobrang tuwa and thankfully I resisted myself instead tinadtad ko siya nang 'thank yous' and compliments.

My day was complete. Me and Lorraine both enjoyed our class and school orientation. I came home with a smile on my face and excited for the next day of class

Itutuloy....