Chapter 65: Perverts, saviors of the Shinobi

Akatsuki Lair, a few days later

"WE DID IT, WE DID IT, WE HAVE TWO TAILED BEASTS, YAY!" Tobi was dancing on top of a large finger of a giant, creepy statue, with two open eyes. 'Yes, its a start. I can now begin the creation of an army...of white Zetsu's, yes! Konoha will burn!'

"Tobi, stop that" Kakuzu growled. Tobi eeped and ceased his dance.

The problem with being the secret leader of the most powerful criminal ninja in the world, disguised as a idiot, was that no one would take you seriously, or respect you.

"I do believe, that Tobi-san does have a point, it is a good thing we have managed to capture these two beasts, and at the same time inconspicuously. The Ninja villages have no idea of our role in their disappearances, for they would most likely assume they had killed them themselves, as based off the descriptions of the Sanbi, and the container of the Gobi" Pain covered for his superior, in disguise.

"If I may, Leader-sama" Zetsu commented "I have some, disturbing reports from Sunagakure" Pain rose his eyebrows.

"What sort of report?"

"It appears that Sunagakure has stepped up its security recently. Recently, intelligence reached them from Konohagakure about your involvement. It had been delayed originally due to storms in the desert, however they now know of your involvement with us, Sasori-san" The puppet user grimaced, now in his true form with Hiruko smashed.

"Due to that, they have stepped up security, adding various security measures with high secrecy. I wasn't able to ascertain the exact layout of the new security, however it includes several hundred land mines, a dozen high grade catapults, and improved water securities. These upgrades appear to stem from the distant continent to the south of the Land of Wind, and the lands on its sea borders; the Land of Coral..."

"Ah, I remember that place, great seafood" Kisame sighed

"And the technological city state of the Land of Nerds..." a distant scream of agony from somewhere rang out.

"Wait, what was that?" Itachi looked around in confusion.

"Indeed, it sounded like someone groaning, like some bad pun or something" Deidara shrugged.

"Anyway, the continent they imported the new weapons from appears to be a war torn land, with no chakra manipulation. Hence, the powers that were developed without them. Because of these new weapons, and anything they may have imported since, the village will be difficult to attack. Even Sasori wouldn't be able to help via his familiarity with his home village now with their security upgrades, we may have to attack the village in full numbers to have a chance, and even so, casualties would be high"

"What sort of land creates such, wonderful things such as land mines without chakra" Deidara commented.

In that distant continent

A youth stood in the courtyard of a shell shocked castle, a blond haired boy with bright green eyes. With his sword in hand, he did several in katas of blade work, with fine power and grace, that would impress even Zabuuza.

"TEMUJIN! YOUR PRESENCE IS REQUESTED BY HAIDO-SAMA!"

Back from the cameo of The Stone of Gelel

"Well then, Kakuzu-san, Tobi-san, continue your efforts to capture the Rokubi, we will have to change our plans for the Ichibi, until next we meet"

Hospital, Konoha

Jiraiya, stretching his now recovered body, smiled. He was finally out of the hospital, and his mission had been accomplished...as a swirl of mist via the mist shushin variant revealed a agitated looking Ao.