Chapter 1

Regulus Black knew that his older brother hated him, it hurt his gut,

but he understood why.

Ever since he joined the dark side, biggest mistake of his life;
Sirius would always either deny that he ever had a younger brother,  or say James Potter was his only brother.

___________

Sirius was sitting on his bed with the bestest friend he ever had in the whole world, James Potter.

"I still can't believe Regulus chose them over me like- Merlin! Do I mean nothing to him?"
James was nodding along in an acknowledging gesture, patting Sirius' back to calm him down.

" I practically raised him when we were younger!", he rambled about his little brother, complaining about how much of a spoiled little brat he was nowadays.

"It's okay lad. All you can do is try but the changing part depends on the other person." James said.

Sirius noticed he looked a tad bit more sympathetic towards his brother sometimes than him. He felt there was an important reason behind that. A secret, maybe? He swore to himself that he'll find it out. James' eyes were unfocused, as if thinking.

Sirius calmed himself a little and asked and asked. "Potter?"
"Yea?"
The time James came back from his own fantasy world, he saw Sirius staring at him with questioning eyes.

"What? Quite staring, it's freeky!" James eyed Sirius back.

"What are you thinking about?"

"Nothing you should be worrying about, you have bigger problems." James was growing a little redder with every question.

"You used to tell me everything," Sirius sighed when he looked how uncomfortable and worried James looked.

"-But I won't push you if you don't want to."

"Thanks Padfoot; but it's nothing really. Just stressed out by quidditch and stuff." James look a bit less troubled than before.

 Sirius knew the boy was lying when he said that. He could see something was clearly bothering James. But he couldn't quite figure out what.
_______________________________