37 - 𝖺𝗌𝗌𝗂𝗀𝗆𝖾𝗇𝗍

ACT FOUR + AMETHYST
"a bloodline's purpose"

𝕾cience could be seen as an art, another subordinate to other aims such as the military or a way to earn money through their findings

𝕾cience could be seen as an art, another subordinate to other aims such as the military or a way to earn money through their findings. Depending on the intentions of the researchers and whoever was funding their work, it could alter and change their results and nature. Science could be used for good, to save lives, make discoveries to help civilizations create even more technological advancements. It all depends on the people who are behind it. F&A Laboratories was founded by Akane Fujiwata barely a few years ago, earning a great reputation all over Japan in the medical field with their work in medicine, and even taking the lead in the industry. The reason behind the laboratory's success was unknown and even where Akane Fujiwata came from. She had no background except for those years since the laboratory was founded and created a formula that was compatible with many other medicines, helping pharmaceutics come up with better ways to suppress deadly diseases.

Akane Fujiwata was an enigma, one that many chose to ignore due to the miracle she had brought to the world. However, such a miracle would have been completely dismissed by everyone if it wasn't for her sudden association with a person of interest by the Vatican, Sander Ditka. Violet and the rest of the team had to try their best to gather information on the matter, discover what they were up to and what kind of threat they'll be dealing with. Their goal was just information gathering, not wanting to head on to the battlefield without a plan or even knowing what they were dealing with. The current internship was just a simple excuse to be able to fulfill such a goal. However, those who were able to excel in the following week in the eyes of their superiors, they would be having the chance to work alongside the founder herself in some of her most important work. Besides gathering information, they wanted to be part of the few people being able to actually work in the company and even earn the trust of said woman as well.

None of them were sure how they were going to be able to do the last part, but it still was one of their priorities in case their strategy wasn't good enough to obtain what they were looking for. They had their theories and assumptions of what could possibly be happening given her association with the scientist. Sander Ditka's experiments weren't anything new, something that the Vatican had been familiar with for many years and had been trying to stop the project ever since then. However, the Vatican had failed to actually stop the man by any means necessary and let him roam free even when they knew about his whereabouts. It was just a matter of time before the man decided to go back to his lifetime work.

Even when the Vatican was no longer interested in him — not until he did something that could jeopardize the balance they had been working so hard to keep in the world they lived in. Sander Ditka earned the attention of someone who still wanted to see an end to his work for many personal reasons rather than just following the Vatican's orders.

"Why can't I go with them?!" Rika whined aloud in the kitchen while she kneeled down on one of the chairs and hugged the back of it with a pout. Her indigo eyes were focused on Daisuke who was leaning against the kitchen counter lazily eating some recently made noodles. "Daisuke!" Rika called out for him once again when she noticed the silver-haired man wasn't even going to give her an answer.