𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙎𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

➸𝙇𝙚𝙨𝙨𝙤𝙣 𝙏𝙬𝙤 𝙋𝙩.2

It was already past 4 AM and Hyejin barely managed to get a wink of sleep. It was probably due to the fact that she had to sleep at a foreign environment or she was just nervous about how things were going back at the hospital. Either way though, she wasn't any close to resting any time soon.

Jisung on the contrary was sleeping peacefully next to her. He hadn't moved in a while and his breathing was equal, signs that he was sound asleep.

Hyejin got up, leaving the tent to take some fresh air and relax a little bit. She hoped that a little stroll would draw her irrational fears as well as her sudden insomnia away.

Not even five minutes later, she came across a figure sitting at a bench and playing the guitar. He was mumbling some sort of melody while writing something down at a notebook next to him. She couldn't make out his words, but she was able to understand how beautiful his voice sounded.

"Chan?", Hyejin appeared from behind the bench and came to sit right next to him.

He immediately stopped singing and turned to look at her, "What are you doing still awake?"

Hyejin shrugged, "I tried sleeping, but at some point it starting feeling impossible... You?"

"Chronic insomnia..."

Hyejin nodded in understanding, "So...", a couple of awkward seconds passed, "Your voice is lovely!"

Chan averted his eyes away from her and stared at his fingertips that were gently stroking the guitar strings, "You are exaggerating, it's only basic..."

Hyejin made a loud ass 'Ha!' sound earning Chan's attention again, "Who told you so, emo boy? Whoever that was, they definitely need to get their ears checked!"

Chan hesitated for a moment, "I- No one did. It's just that... I don't have enough confidence in my voice to sing in the presence of strangers. So many things could go wrong!"

"I mean, yeah, but so many things could go right as well! Wouldn't it be a pity if people didn't have the chance to listen to that heavenly voice of yours at least once in their lives?"

"It would?", he wondered.

"It would.", Hyejin nodded, "How about you take the opportunity tomorrow and dare to face your fears? Worst-case scenario, the crowd doesn't cheer for you. So what? I'll manage to make them regret every single second of it afterwards!"

Chan let out a small laugh, "I really appreciate your thoughtfulness, Hyejin, but I don't think I have the courage to do something like that..."

Hyejin suddenly put on a straight face, "In all seriousness... What's it going to take for me to convince you?"

Chan rubbed his chin with his right hand as he processed what she had just asked. After he seemingly found the answer to her question, he looked her in the eye and said, "You need to participate"

"Participate to what?"

"The dancing competition tomorrow. I saw the way your face lit up earlier...."

"What? I can't dance!", she was quick to turn down his term.

"That's ridiculous. Everyone taking part tomorrow is an amateur! You are no different!"

Hyejin didn't know what to answer. She knew Chan had a point but she hated to admit that, "And...and what am I supposed to dance?"

"What about...", he frowned in thought, "...salsa?"

"I don't even know how to dance that! And besides, doesn't that require two people?"

"And two people we have!", Chan said standing up, "Let's go get the second up, so you can practice!"

Before Hyejin had the time to argue, Chan had already walked away, heading to the tent Jisung was sleeping in.

★✯★✯★

The pair spent hours being taught how to dance by a friend of Chan who competed the day before. They failed and tried again. They laughed and messed around. By noon and after a nap break for both, they had learnt the basic steps.

After getting a little help from another friend, Chan found a proper for the concept dress that was Hyejin's size. It was black and comfortable to move around in, its length reaching just a few inches above the knees. Jisung wore a white shirt along with a pair of black trousers.

There was an hour left before the show and Hyejin was trembling, barely managing to keep her composure.

As she was standing facing a wall and trying to take deep breaths, a hand on her shoulder pulled her out of her thoughts.

"Hey... Don't be nervous, I'll be right next to you for the whole thing!", Jisung's comforting voice was heard.

She nodded, even though she was clearly still stressed about it.

Jisung sighed as he extended his arms and pulled her in a hug, "Everything will be fine...", he gently ran his hand through her hair.

She was surprised by the sudden gesture, but didn't hesitate to hug him back. His arms felt warm and safe and she was now a little more confident about the whole craziness the got themselves into.

"Let's go kick some ass!", Hyejin whispered in his ear causing him to crack up.

★✯★✯★

They ended up getting their ass kicked instead. They really tried their best and they enjoyed every second of it, but of course there were contestants who had practiced for longer. Neither Hyejin nor Jisung cared about them losing though. If anything, they were happy they got to participate in the first place.

Chan cheered for them the whole time, even when Hyejin messed up and stepped on Jisung. Thankfully, they didn't get distracted by that and they kept going until the end.

"I wanted to thank you...", Hyejin started turning to Chan.

"About....?"

"You convinced me to do this! I always knew how much I loved dancing, even though I didn't have a talent for it. If it weren't for you, I would have never taken part!", she replied.

Chan chuckled, "You are very welcome then! I know I'm not an expert but FYI I love the way you dance. It may not be anywhere near perfect, but when you dance your inner child decides to make its appearance and it's just amazing!"

"I know, right?", Jisung chimed in making her smile grow bigger immediately, "Her dance moves are nowhere near perfect! In fact they are very far away from it!"

Hyejin's smile dropped and she instantly extended her hands to start slapping his head. However, instead of the reaction she was expecting, she received only laughter in response.

She was getting annoyed by how nothing she did affected him, but then Jisung went and grabbed her hands to restrain her. "Oh how much I love teasing you...", he leaned closer with a huge smile on his face to contrast Hyejin's furrowed brows, "You may suck as a dancer but in my eyes your every move seems absolutely adorable..."

Her face immediately relaxed at his words. She had yet to understand how another human being had the ability to change her mood within a few seconds. She knew it was bad he had such a power over her. She knew and yet there was nothing she could do to change that. It was already too late because she was down for him. And she was down bad!

Hyejin be like right now: