Bite Me, Sparkly Vampire Man

"You have to go to the Halloween party tonight!"

"Jesus Christ!"

Every pair of eyes in the classroom shot to me with my head down in the back. Warmth flooded my cheeks as I dug my nails into my palms, hoping that Ms. Baker would continue her lesson and drawn all attention off me. Instead, she rested her hands on her hips and narrowed her dark eyes at me.

"Is there something you'd like to share with the class, Miss Colemen?"

I shook my head quickly and after a minute of intense staring from the petite teacher and the rest of my peers, she started reading from the textbook again. I slumped back in my seat in relief, but as usual it was flushed down the drain as Oliver repeated, "Halloween party. Tonight. You're going."

I waited until the last bell sounded and dismissed us to respond to him. "Which one? Why? How is that going to help us find your body or what happened to you?"

He scratched at the back of his head we headed down the hall to the front doors. "I go to them every year. Maybe they'll be someone or something there that jobs my memory."

"Then take your Casper the friendly ghost ass over there yourself and see. I'm not going."

"You are." he argued, eyes drifting from me to something straight ahead the moment we stepped outside.

My eyes followed and I groaned and thought about turning around to walk back into the school when I found Axel leaning against the passenger side door to his eye sore of a sports car. He shifted uncomfortably under all the eyes on him as my peers rushed passed, but looked relieved when he caught sight of me heading straight for him.

"I just can't escape you two." I grumbled miserably.

"You're going tonight." he said, nodding toward the phone in my hand. "They're fun, you need fun."

"Halloween is usually a bad night spirit wise." At least it wasn't a total lie, nor was it completely truthful, but he didn't know that. "I usually get slammed with multiple every year. I do not need to embarrass myself in front of an entire college campus full of hot frat boys, thank you!"

I hadn't realized we were close enough for Axel to eavesdrop until he responded to the latter part of my comment. "Hot frat boys, huh?"

"Shut up, Axel." I said in passing him, then paused and turned to look at him. "What are you even doing here? My dad is supposed to pick me up."

"Text him not to come." he answered as if it were that simple.

I snickered. "And say what? That the hot mechanic guy covered in car fluids showed up and wants to kidnap me?"

"Did you just call me hot?"

Did I just say that aloud?

"Axel, I need to go."

"To the Halloween party." Oliver finished with a grin.

I whirled around and pointed my finger accusingly at him. "I'm not going to the Halloween party."

"You are." Oliver responded in a sing-song voice.

"Halloween party?" Axel piped in, staring at my finger. I always seemed to forget that he couldn't see Oliver. I slowly lowered my hand to my side. "What are you talking about?"

I leaned back into the Jaguar and replied, "Oliver thinks I need to go to a Halloween party tonight because they're fun and they may jog his memory."