XX - gallagher

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

ch. 20 > i promise slowly

"let's just say we had a progressive talk

"let's just say we had a progressive talk."

"mysterious!"

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

"I will." She replied.

As the heavy door slammed close I crumbled to the floor in a pool of sobs. I hated that I understood her, I hated that I supported her in going back to her sister, but I wanted her happy.

I heard muffled conversations from behind the door, presumably to Sarah. I picked myself up to run to my room, to make sure she didn't hear me and turn back. Soon enough, the small plastic bin filled with all the hotel tissues we had left.

Who knew two sisters could fuck you up as much as it did.

I wanted to wait at the door like a dog, waiting for her to come back, but I knew better. I knew better than to let myself fold like this for the second time. My chest hurt thinking about last night, and thinking about if she regretted it or not.

These thoughts made me crumble further into my pillow, leaving a puddle of tears in it. Soon enough my stifled sobs gurned quiet as I finally found my composure. For a while, my chest hurt from the heart ache.

I zoned out at the white curtains, letting myself slip into slumber.

~~~~~

Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang!

My head shot up. The sun was low in the window. How long was I asleep for?

Bang! Bang! Bang!

I hopped out of bed and approached the foyer. "Aidan! Aidan it's me!" I heard Lynn's voice. My chest fluttered. I ran to open the door for her. As the door swing open she, we made eye contact. Her eyes softened at the sight of me, but I was smiling. I was happy to see her.

"How did the talk with Sarah go?" My raspy voice asked. She smiled. "It was good, perfect even." When she smiled, she always smiled hard when she was happy. I stepped aside for her to come in.

The door slammed shut. We sat on the couch, in the same spot we cuddled that night. "You look rough Aidan." I waved off her observation.

"It's okay, I'm happy for you. I wouldn't want to get in the way of you and your sister." She looked down into her lap, and played with her fingers.

"It's okay, everything will be okay. Sarah left J&M, joined a new modeling company, she understands you won't forgive her." I nodded.

"That's good..." I said awkwardly. Now with the reconciliation of their siblingship, it was finally me out of the picture.