I.1.

.

Bold is the reactions to the film
Italic is Percy/Narrator
Normal text is the film

Part I, Chapter 1

Includes :
I Accidentally Vaporize My Pre-algebra Teacher
Three Old Ladies Knit the Socks of Death

.

The screen was black. And then a voice started speaking.

Look, I didn't want to be a half-blood.

Dawn barely held back a snort. That was definitely a solid start and it was most definitely Percy Jackson.

"Half blood ?" She heard Ron murmur. "It is like us then ?"

"Looks like we're going to find out," Harry shrugged.

"Hush, both of you," Hermione hissed.

Dawn pulled her legs to her chest under the blanket she had snagged in front of her. She would be needing all comfort she could get it they were able to watch what was more than likely to be a recounting of both wars from the point of views of people who actually fought in them. People like Percy, Annabeth, Jason, Leo.....her. Maybe even Nico.

Being a half-blood is dangerous. It's scary. Most of the time, it gets you killed in painful, nasty ways.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

My name is Percy Jackson.

I'm twelve years old. Until a few months ago, I was a boarding student at Yancy Academy, a private school for troubled kids in upstate New York.

Am I a troubled kid ? Yeah. You could say that.

Dawn let out a soft chuckle amidst all the others. "Dear Gods," she breathed, shaking her head in amusement.

I could start at any point in my short miserable life to prove it, but things really started going bad last May, when our sixth-grade class took a field trip to Manhattan— twenty-eight mental-case kids and two teachers on a yellow school bus, heading to the Metropolitan Museum of Art to look at ancient Greek and Roman stuff. I know—it sounds like torture. Most Yancy field trips were.

The screen faded into the image of the Metropolitan Museum of Art, people going up and down the majestic steps. The camera panned onto different angles of the building as Percy's voice kept speaking.

But Mr. Brunner, our Latin teacher, was leading this trip, so I had hopes.

"They have latin in the muggle world ?" Ginny furrowed her eyebrows.

Ron looked at the screen incredulously, "Why would you do that to yourself ?"

"Hush, Ronald," Hermione chided.

The scene shifted to that of a man in a wheelchair, with a class of students doing all sorts of different activities. Pointing at the board and speaking, though one couldn't really hear his words because Percy was speaking.