I.2.

.

Part I, Chapter 2

Includes :
Grover Unexpectedly Loses his Pants
Interlude
My Mother Teaches Me Bullfighting

.

The screen went dark on Grover's concerned look. And the familiar voice came back.

Confession time: I ditched Grover as soon as we got to the bus terminal.

"You fucking dumb-arse," Dawn swore at her best friend's younger self on the screen.

"Language !" Camille yelped.

The Lupin girl winced slightly, looking at the younger girl. "Sorry," she offered sheepishly. "I'll be careful." She smiled fondly, suddenly thinking of one of her dear friends. Jason always had a problem with her swearing. He's had it since they met.

Her other friends only looked at her strangely. "Why ?" Harry asked. "Grover was being strange and kind of creepy."

"I would have probably done the same," Hermione confessed. "It seems like the smart thing to do."

Dawn said nothing, shaking her head and mumbling to herself in Welsh. Her mother and uncle had taught her the language since she was a child, having grown up with it themselves.

The scene shifted to Percy on the bus looking mildly freaked out. Grover sat next to him, shaking his head and blankly staring ahead. His lips were moving ever so slightly but no sound came due to Percy's voice over. Though, the boy would glance over at his friend every now and again before going back to the disturbing routine of shaking his head and mumbling

I know, I know. It was rude. But Grover was freaking me out, looking at me like I was a dead man, muttering "Why does this always happen ?" and "Why does it always have to he sixth grade ?"

"He's a bloody idiot too," Dawn huffed silently. Though, she did also understand that this was Grover's first big assignment since Thalia and seeing those three old ladies would definitely shake you up.

In her exasperation and mild distress, she didn't notice Hermione's careful glance her way.

The pair of them got off the bus before Grover turned to him with a scolding look while bouncing on his legs slightly. "You'll wait for me right ?"

"Sure, man."

"Percy, promise me."

Percy sighed as if trying not to roll his sea green eyes and nodded. "I promise."

Grover nodded before speed walking (though, it looked more like waddling) towards the sign that read 'Restrooms' with the typical male and female icons.

Whenever he got upset, Grover's bladder acted up, so I wasn't surprised when, as soon as we got off the bus, he made me promise to wait for him, then made a beeline for the restroom.

As soon as Grover disappeared, Percy immediately went to grab his blue suitcase and rolled it outside. He raised his hand to a taxi. When the driver stopped, he nodded to Percy and helped him with the suitcase before asking, "Where to, little man ?"