Broken Promises

Have you ever met someone who unexpectedly changed your life?

Yung road to self love ka na tapos impakto siya at dumating siya bigla.

"Hon, tara picture tayo." sabi niya.

Nasa mall kami dahil nag date kami at pauwi na sana kami.

"Bakit naman?" tanong ko.

"Remembrance ng pagmamahalan natin." nakangiting sabi niya sabay click ng camera.

"I promise you na hindi kita iiwan.. Kahit kailan." sabi niya at pinag dikit pa ang noo namin.

'I really love this guy.. This guy named Trevor.'

Trevor is my boyfriend for six years already. I met him when I was in college and he waited patiently for me.

He was a gentleman, caring and lovable boyfriend. He is also overprotective and he gives me my wants and needs.

But one day he's slowly changing. He's slowly getting out of my embrace.

He's being cold and distant.

"Hon, labas tayo." aya ko sa kaniya at niyakap pa siya pero tinanggal niya ang pagkakayakap ko.

"Busy ako." Sabi niya at lumabas.

'Yeah.. Busy.'

But one day. A news reached my ears.

"Dale, he's cheating! That fucker is cheating on you!" galit na sabi ni Athy.

She's showing me a video of my boyfriend with his ex.. kissing.

Guessing from the background it was taken on a club.

I didn't believed it at first dahil baka edited lang.. Not until I saw it with my own eyes.

I saw them.. My boyfriend and his ex.

My boyfriend who told me that he's busy with his work is now busy kissing his ex.

"Hon, l- let me explain." sabi niya at sinubakang hawakan ako pero agad akong umiwas.

I'm tired.

Ayoko na, nagsasawa na akong maghintay sa pagbabalik niya pero sa iba siya bumabalik.

Lagi

"You said I am the only one you will love forever but I am too stupid to believe that of course. You promised to stay with me, love me and take care of me with all of your might." tumatangis na sambit ko.

"You promised that you will never leave me." sabi ko at napa- hagulhol.

"I'm breaking up with you." I finally said.

I didn't expect the man that I loved the most to break his promises but of course sabi nga nila 'expect the unexpected'.

At ngayon ay napatuyan ko ang katagang.

Promises are meant to be broken.