| CHAPTER SIX | Irony Of Talk

| CHAPTER SIX; Irony Of Talk |
——————————————————

| CHAPTER SIX; Irony Of Talk | ——————————————————

"Laughter is poison to fear."

— George R. R. Martin

BY THE TIME ORPHÉE was twelve, she was thriving. She had manipulated Joffrey into allowing Drakon around when he had council meetings, when they had feasts, and now, Drakon was going to be there for the wedding. Orphée got along fine with Margaery Tyrell, but not perfectly. Orphée liked Joffrey as a companion, she liked joking with him and thought he was quite funny at times. But Margaery didn't, she only played along like she did. That was Orphée's problem with her.

But Margaery adored Orphée, she saw no problem with her. She believed that Orphée was the exact same as her, only playing along the whole time. But that wasn't true at all, Orphée truly did not mind Joffrey's decisions, she liked a little torture from time to time. But she and Drakon hid it well, they were living with no cares or problems. The times Orphée quarreled with Joffrey was when it regarded her sister.

When Orphée stuck up for her sister, Joffrey wouldn't hesitate to strike her. He didn't care if they were alone, or even in front of a crowd. He claimed that it was a pleasure to be hit by him instead of one of his guards. One time, when Sansa was announced to marry Tyrion, Orphée stormed to Joffrey's room in the middle of the night and shouted at him.

When she did that, Joffrey and Margaery had been talking. Orphée knew that Cersei would disagree with his actions because it risked negative whispers, but she ignored it.

Orphée stormed in the room and scolded Joffrey, so, Joffrey stood up and walked away from Margaery. He grabbed Orphée's neck and slammed her onto the bed beside Margaery. He pressed down on her throat and began to choke her. He searched her eyes for any fear, but couldn't find it. He was so close to killing her, ignoring Margaery's pleas to release the little girl.

Just in time, Drakon knocked on the door. "My lady?" He called out. Joffrey's eyes widened and he immediately let go, glancing back to the door. Orphée had passed out by now, and Margaery wanted to cry.

She saw no evil in Orphée, she only saw her as an innocent little girl who had no family. Just as she saw Sansa. She stroked Orphée's face and quickly got up to go to the door. "My deepest apologies, Ser. She seemed to have passed out."

Drakon nodded as she allowed him in. He knew she was lying, but he kept his mouth shut. He spared no look toward Joffrey who was turning as white as a ghost, looking down at Drakon's large sword. The sword he had killed hundreds of men with, he then looked toward his own sword. The sword he had killed no one with. He allowed Drakon to pick up Orphée and watched as he gently supported her head and carried her away.