Hidden Lies within the Kingdom: Chapter 14

A Message from Her

"Why should I put you down? You're the assassin after me aren't you? I can kill you if I wanted to" he scoffed. Realization washed over me. Was she really just trying to cause a family dispute?

"I'm blind, oldy! How can I be an assassin when it's my first time coming to this stupid country!? You said so yourself yesterday!" she yelled. Oh yeah that's right. She possibly can't be for her blindness.

"You're so loud. You're gonna wake up my sons so let's get this over with"

"Get what over with? Why can't you just put me down? It's not like you can kill me now" she said. My dad was very silent. Should I go out already? Or should I wait until he leaves?

"Did you forget about our deal?" his voice was really low, "If you tried anything. I will cut your limbs off. Did you forget that I'm holding the trophy right now? Or did you forget that a little helpless blind girl like you shouldn't be running away from home without approval?"

She didn't respond.

"I did get approval. It wasn't from my parents though. It was from her"

"That old whore?! How could she!" Then I heard a loud thump.

"Ow..." Morph moaned. I wasn't sure what was going on but it was quiet again.

"What did she tell you to do? She was suppose to be on my side!" dad said in anger.

"Get off me, smelly grandpa. You shouldn't be molesting young blind girls like me."

"Tell me" he said seriously. Who is this girl their talking about.

"Once you get your hands off my tits, you pervert" she said. My dad is trying to get action in a hallway outside of my room?

"I can do whatever I like sweetheart" then I heard shuffling.

"You're such a creeper. I didn't know you were the kind to stick your hand up a girl's shirt and try to take her bra off" is she trying to inform me off what's happening?

"Hey, old guy. What're you doin' to my girlfriend?" I heard Mike's voice. Where was he of all times?

"What does it look like, Michael? Read the atmosphere" my dad said.

"Can you not touch her like that? Especially in the hallway" Mike asked.

"Is that food for Benton?" she asked. I realized she called me by my first name. The name "Prince" doesn't fit me well. Mike should've been the prince but my dad skipped over him.

"Why are you worried about Bent's breakfast more than the fact that you're being molested by my dad?" Mike asked.

"'Cause it ain't the first time he--" I heard a slap.

"Crippled hoe. I will make you tell me where she is and what she said. Even if I have to kill you" I heard more shuffling.

"Old guy, can you not hit my girlfriend like that? And can you not threaten her saying those words? It makes me angry at you" Mike said.

"Whatever son, I'll be eating breakfast now. I came up to wake Benton up but since you guys are right there you might as well do it, later"

"Are you okay?" Mike asked her.

"Yeah, don't worry about me. Just worry about your brother" she said.

"Why do you keep bringing up Bent?" he asked.

"Because he's worse than your father right now. But you don't have to tell him because he's listening. Aren't you, Benton? From the moment where I could've died to the point I was molested. You really are something. Sorry for pissing you off. I really did deserve what I got for lying, huh?" I felt guilt. I heard running steps.

"Bent, you might as well open the door" he told me. I stood up, walked to the door and opened it. As soon as I did, I was affronted with a slap.

"I didn't know what to do" I said to him.

"It's okay. I forgive you for not being there. But that slap was for making her cry. If you had just opened up the door for her to apologize, there wouldn't had been a problem" he said. She was crying?

"Why did dad come to wake me up when I told you to tell him I wasn't coming for breakfast? Were you there the whole time?" I didn't want to take full blame for not doing anything.

"Of course. I was watching her desperately wait outside for you to open up. When I saw things were going too far I jumped in. Why didn't you try something like that?"

"Because I was pissed off" He slapped me harder.

"I don't want a selfish stuck up Prince for a little brother" he said walking out, "I'm not consoling her. It won't help anything."

"She's not my girl. I can't help it if she--" he slammed the door.

*~*~Morph's POV*~*~

Know your place. Stupid Prince. Just. Die.

 I wasn't crying for being molested. I was crying because it was almost like that time. The time when I got mugged and cut by those dumb thugs. There were so many witnesses that did absolutely nothing. I hate remembering things like this. It makes me wanna cry even more.

"Crying again? What happened?" I heard Reid ask. I didn't really know where I was. All I knew was I was sitting against a wall

"The usual. I'm just pissed off at your family" I told him. He grabbed my hand and pulled me up.

"Let's go to the prison to talk about it. Or we can go there to talk about how much we hate my dad. The prisoners would think the same" He held my hand and I walked in the direction he was leading me to.

"We can talk on our way there" I said.

"Okay tell me about it"

"He almost killed me because I didn't tell him what she was planning"

"Benton's mom?" I nodded.

"I think it's cool that you're so close to her. Mike and I seen our mom before. It was only Benton's mom that we've haven't seen. Not even a picture" he told me.

"Your Dad is really horrible. To make Benton think that his mom left him. It's hard to tell him anything bad about his father with that thick head of his"

"You're funny" he said laughing.

"How old are you, Reid?"

"Fourteen" I raised an eyebrow. He was taller than me.

"Interesting" I said.

"Is that all my Dad did?" he asked. I didn't reply.

"....no" I said almost in a whisper. He stopped walking.

"I understand. Something happened and no one came. Am I right?" I nodded.

"It reminded me of something I was trying to forget about"

"Ah, I see. Watch you step, we're going inside an elevator" I made my step bigger.

"Why do you hate do your father so much?" I said bluntly. He paused. Realizing what just escaped from my mouth, I was shocked myself.

"I don't wanna talk about it."