Prologue "Wanna Marry?"

[Words Count: 2074]

May, 2024,

Laura Lewis

Just give up, you can't do anything now."

I gazed with my sleepy, tired eyes from the ground to his face. He was 175 cm tall. I had to raise my head above, as he had tied me up in the chair.

"Accept your fate"

He walked in the distance and then turned around. He pointed his gun toward me while loading his gun.

I couldn't hold much longer, I had to close my eyes and tears were starting to fall. After a very long time, I was frightened by someone, by him. How could anyone be so cruel?

"Three"

His husky voice began to count. Still aiming his gun toward me. I started to sweat in fear. Death was so close to me.

"Two"

Tears started to fall heavily. I was about to die. I had always thought that I had time for everything, I just had to focus on my career. But now at the age of 25, I have no time left. This mess is created because of my career, screw career. Things were falling apart from my hand. He is right, I can't do anything now. I have to accept my fate and that is to die. I took a deep breath. A thirst was lingering in my throat. I could feel my mouth a little bit dusty.

"One"

When he uttered that word. That final word, I knew I had to say this. I instantly opened my eyes and yelled.

"Wait" I sighed, releasing that last breath out.

He grinned while slowly moving his hand down. He puts his gun, behind his back. He walked, coming closer.

"Can we negotiate?"

I begged.

"Why do you think, we can? As far as I know, you are in no position to negotiate." He frowned.

He squatted right in front of me. His brownish hair was lingering on his face.

"I am about to die. I have every right to negotiate now."

I pleaded desperately. I want to live. I am a survivor, my whole life I have been surviving, and in this situation for surviving, I can do anything.

"But, I am in no mood to negotiate. You know I am too tired, first dealing with that idiot patient of mine, and then you. I gave him a chance to go back to his loved ones but you poked your fluffy nose in my business that you shouldn't have done. You recorded everything that happened in that room. You think you're smart but you are not. You shouldn't have used your brain in this case."

He scoffs while complaining.

"There must be something that you want."

I glanced at him, wanting him to give me a chance.

"In this world, everyone wants something that they can't get. Tell me about it, we can negotiate it."

I sighed.

"Can't you understand, we cannot negotiate. You don't have a choice, neither do I."

He speaks coldly. He stares into my eyes without breaking any contact.

"I want to live, please."

He was not saying anything except staring at me. A few minutes passed, but still nothing.