Chapter 7

A/N:
Thanks for your love and reading this crazy story!!

This is one of my longest chapters in a while. 4.5k words!!

Just two more chapters to go...!!

Date published- 18 Nov 2023

NOW BACK TO THE STORY

As he got home, he found Khushi lying on the sofa, totally immersed in one of her novels. Wolfie, who was sleeping on his bed, fumblingly walked upto Arnav and Arnav picked him up.

Khushi too got up from the sofa, upon seeing him and the first thing she said was -

Khushi - "Do you need a hug?"

Arnav wondered what made her think that he needed a hug and he refused the offer.

Khushi hugged him anyways and said," You looked like you needed a hug."

Arnav felt immediate relief being in the arms of Khushi. She was someone who truly knew him, would never judge him and will always be there for him.

Arnav soaked it all up and getting go of Khusuhi after a few brief seconds -"I didn't know I needed a hug, thanks."

Khushi -"I know you better than you know yourself."
Arnav - "And I, you."

During dinner, Khushi was rambling to Arnav about her new project and all he could do and did was stare at her lovingly. And that's when she suddenly turned to look at him and now they both are staring at each other.

Khushi - "sorry i kinda rambled, thanks for listening"
Arnav - "no problem, its cute when you ramble"

Next day was Valentine's day. The first Valentine's for Arnav and Khushi since they were married.

Every valentines day, we get chocolate for one another. A totally platonic. But this year, maybe they don't want to be platonic. Just maybe.

Khushi got back from work and her colleagues had told her that Arnav thought of her as grape lime flavour. It has always been his flavour since their childhood. Khushi never liked that flavour since it tasted like cough syrup. Something which Arnav really liked weirdly.

Her collegaes were literally gushing on how he thought that she thought that grape lime suited her. She wondered as why he couldn't choose something fruiter and maybe sweet.

They also asked her as to what flavour Khushi thought Arnav remind her of. Khushi thought hard about it and replied -

***Flashback**

Her collegague - "So what flavour does Dr. Arnav remind you of."

Khushi- "That's a weird question."

Khushi replied -"Lemon mint" and everyone around her laughed.

She explained - "Lemon and mint individually are two strong opposing flavours. The addition of them separately to any dish or drink can break or make it. But, the right touch of both does wonders. Just the drink, Arnav is the perfect guy."

***End of flashback***

Khushi - "I got you a gift. I hope you like it."

Arnav who received the gift, tried not to mention that any gift would mean more than the stars in the sky as long as it was from Khushi.

"It is another hippo plushie?" - he asked

Khushi had gotten Arnav several hippo plushie soft toys over the years saying that he need to be with his brew or else that he would forget his roots. What she doesn't know is that Arnav has got one of the plushie in his hospital locker.