Seven

Deep within

Tw: This story contains Violence, kidnapping, assault, and much more! Please do not read if you're uncomfortable with strong topics

You work as a marine biologist. You've been sent to a squad designed to examine the depths of the sea, a restricted location known to be teeming with many sorts of life. You looked about, observing the fish swimming around as you swam deeper, the weightlessness and freedom becoming more apparent as you progressed. A beeping noise could be heard as you went deeper; you felt nervous as you went down, but you were on a quest to see what lay deep beneath the water's surface. The deeper you go, the more darkness greets you, the sun illumination from the surface no longer visible. "4:55pm." You reached for the lights on your head, surprised that there were no sea animals as you swam around. It seemed strangely silent as you continued forward.

You tattered, expecting that talking about your notes would make you feel better. "I've arrived in the dead zone." We humans have been unable to travel this deep until now, as the first person to do so. "I hope to discover the truth about what lies beneath the remaining 80% of the ocean." She muttered to herself, but the further she went, the more she felt she was being watched. "Interesting," a deep voice said around her, and your eyes widened as the light and the technology that kept you alive began to malfunction and die down, leaving you with only 7 minutes to flee. Her heart pounded, her expression turning into panic. Am I gonna die! 

No, no, no

As darkness welcomed you, your heart raced, and you struggled to swim up only to be pulled right back down. Your eyes widened as your body trembled from the pressure of the approaching water, forcing the time limit for the remaining air to dwindle down faster. Please don't give out on me! I don't wanna die yet...I haven't finished half of the anime or manga I'm reading!! You stupid suit! As the voice whispered, water penetrated your suit and lungs. "It's nice to have company..." was the last thing you heard before everything went dark.

Drip, drip, drip

Sounds of water could be heard, your eyes slowly open as you slowly got up realizing that you were left in destroyed smart armor trying to finger out where you were and how you survived. You started to look around noticing you seemed to be in a cave. Your hands pulled you up on your feet to get a better look at the cave. Inside the cave, the light is almost blindingly bright, reflecting off the smooth walls, floor, and ceiling in a wash of colors that range from the deepest violet to the brightest whites and yellows. The air is crisp and fresh, carrying with it the scent of the earth and the sharp tang of mineral-rich water. The sounds of rushing water can be heard all around you and in the distance, and the occasional drip of a waterfall echoes from above you. "How did I-" You muttered until

"You awake. I'm glad female- '' You turned to the voice surprised as a man walked out from the ocean his eyes looking dull of life, his skin tone green water dripping out his mouth as he spoke it was clear to her, this wasn't a human. What the heck is happening!? You asked yourself, stepping back as it approached closer. "I haven't had anyone here in so long, not after this one died!" The creature shouted this while waving the dead-looking man's arm, causing it to fall off as you felt sick at the sight. Something crawled out its ears as the body slid to the floor, causing it to go limp, as you struggled not to scream. It appeared to be a little octopus with multiple eyes as it peered at me, smiling. How is such a creature speaking...You were perplexed.

Seriously, how is it speaking!

"But don't worry you won't be like this...this time I plan on taking care of my human!"

You felt a chilling sensation as it examined you, making you tremble, while its tentacles gradually extended towards you, snatching and drawing you closer to itself.