3 ~ confusion

Ife's Point Of View

Andrew's been looking at Sylas for the whole class

Andrew's been looking at Sylas for the whole class. But why Sylas specifically?
"Andrew." I said to him. "Stop looking at Sylas and start working on the page." After he turned around, I whispered under my breath, "Dumbass." I started to work with my table again, but we didn't get a lot of work done because right after I turned around, Andrew was staring at Sylas again.
I was starting to get annoyed. "Andrew, just stop. Looking. At. Sylas. We only have a few minutes left to work on question 4-" "Okay class, who would like to solve question 4?" Mr. Huggins cut me off. He looked around the room and then pointed to Andrew.
"Andrew!" Andrew nearly jumped out of his seat, making a loud sound of the legs of his desk almost being broken. He was so scared that I could hear his racing heartbeat when he was walking up to the board. He slowly picked up the dry erase marker and took off the cap. Mr. Huggins slowly raised his eyebrow.
"Do you need help?" he asked Andrew.
Andrew slowly turned around. "Y-Yep! I'm fine!" Andrew turned back and then faced the board. He paused for a second and then stepped back cautiously. He carefully read the directions and then started solving the problem. At least, he thought he was. The class erupted in laughter as Mr. Huggins told everyone to shut up. He breathed slowly and loudly.
"Andrew. That's question 3. We already did question 3." Andrew's face started to get bright red. The whole class started to laugh again. I looked at him in confusion and then slapped my head. Andrew looked at me and let out a quiet "sorry." I just rolled my eyes at him. Andrew turned around again to face the whole classroom and then looked at Sylas. Sylas gave him a thumbs up. Andrew softly smiled and then turned back to the board. He quickly finished the problem.
"Hm. And can you explain to us your work?" Mr. Huggins asked. Andrew explained his answer in a clear understandable way, but still kept it as short as possible. He then looked at Sylas. Sylas looked back and gave him a warm smile. Andrew returned the smile back.
"Andrew." I asked him. "Are you gay or not?"