Part 4

Brian had been walking for over an hour now and there was still no sign of Stewie. He didn't even know if he was going in the right direction. He was asking nearly everyone he saw if they had seen a baby with a yellow shirt and red overalls but had no luck. Brian felt devastated. He felt as though he was to blame for Stewie leaving even though he didn't do anything wrong. Then Brian remembered something. The one thing he always forgets. His nose. He's a dog! He can smell Stewie and follow his scent. Brian could have hit himself for forgetting that at this time. He got straight to work and almost instantly picked up Stewie's scent. He followed the scent as quickly as he could and it turns out he was closer to Stewie than he realised. It only took him 18 minutes to reach Stewie. The scent led him to an alleyway but he couldn't see Stewie anywhere. He walked further down and saw another dog scratching at a wet box, tearing it to shreds with its claws. Brian shouted at the dog, scaring it and causing it to run away. As Brian walked towards the box, he felt overwhelmed with relief and concern. It was Stewie. Stewie was in the wet box, asleep with blood and bruises covering his face. His skin was pale, lips looked blue and he was soaking wet through his clothes. Brian was so happy to see him and was glad he was alive but he had to get him somewhere warm and dry. So, Brian scooped him up and out of the box; shivering himself from how cold the boy felt. Luckily for both Brian and Stewie, there was a hotel not 5 minutes away from the alleyway. Brian practically ran to the hotel, trying to be as quick as he could be; meanwhile Stewie was still unconscious in Brian's arms. Once they had made it to the hotel, Brian didn't want all of the questions about the boy in his arms so he did his best to hide him and, to his surprise, it worked. He managed to book a room and make it there without any questions; Brian couldn't have been more relieved by this. The second he got the door closed, he placed Stewie down on the bed and dig through Stewie's blue bag for some spare clothes. Once he got them, he changed Stewie and wrapped him up in the blanket and let him sleep. Brian couldn't sleep himself; he had to keep an eye on Stewie, so he got the chair from across the room and sat down next to the bed. He was never going to let Stewie out of his sight again.

A few hours later, Stewie was finally starting to stir awake. He woke up but was confused as to why he felt so warm and was laying on a soft bed when he fell asleep in an alleyway. As he slowly began to sit up, he looked around. He was in a room that he didn't recognise. When he finally looked to his right, he saw Brian sitting on the chair reading his book.
'Brian?'
Stewie practically whispered. As soon as Brian heard this, his head shot up.
'Stewie? Oh my god Stewie! I'm so glad you're okay!'
As he was saying this, Brian ran to Stewie and embraced him, while being careful of his injuries. Stewie chuckled but, of course, hugged him back. But just as Brian was about to let go, he heard sniffling. Stewie was crying.
'Stewie? What's wrong?'
Stewie pulled back and looked Brian in the eyes.
'How can you not be angry at me? I left. I left you. All I did was write you a stupid letter, I didn't even give you a proper goodbye. And even after I did all that.... You still came back for me. Why?'
Brian was speechless. Of course Brian wasn't angry, nowhere near it. He understood why Stewie did what he did.
'What are you talking about Stewie? Why would I be angry? I know why you did it. Yeah maybe I would have preferred a proper goodbye but even if you did give me one, I would have still followed after you. Nothing you could ever do will make me angry. I love you Stewie and I'll always be here for you, no matter what.'
At this point, Stewie was full on sobbing and Brian had started crying too. Once they had both calmed down, they just sat on the bed in silence just holding each other. Neither one of them knew what to say now but nothing needed to be said. They found each other again. Stewie realised that even if his parents never cared, he always had Brian with him and Brian realised that he was always going to do everything that he could to make sure Stewie felt loved and supported. The both of them had each other and nothing would every split them apart.

This is my first story! If you want to request anything then feel free but I can't promise I will get to them but I will sure try! Thank you for reading!