The bug

Summary:

Sanji has a problem. It's small, it's crawling over his hand, it's covered in blood and it's been inside his brain. After Chopper removed the bug, Sanji feels himself changing. His feelings no longer make sense and for a while he thinks Zoro will have to kill him after all. In a way, he does.

Spoiler: post wano-arc, refers a lot to whole cake -island. (Albeit not accurately

A.N.:// Reminder (just in case): This is a fanfiction. I was just having fun exploring things and having fun. That's all.

Leave a comment if you enjoyed it :)
Please remember to be kind.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Technically, it had always been a problem. Not his attraction to women, by god, no, Sanji had never been ashamed of it. He wouldn't be serving women if he somehow found they didn't deserve his affection. The problem lay in his nosebleeds. But so far, he hadn't really thought something about that was odd, or god beware, wrong.

Until Wano, Sanji had always thought that the nosebleeds were connected to his love for women and they were, just maybe not in the way he originally assumed. After Wano, after he activated Genes he'd rather avoid ever thinking about, after awakening his exoskeleton, something was off. Sanji had taken quite a beating at Wano. Queen hadn't held back and Sanji had to manually reform his body each time it had been broken beyond recognition. The mere fact that that was possible had shaken him to the core. And now, his nose bled at random. No longer when he saw a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but literally any other time. Yamato had been the last person he'd gotten a nosebleed over, and Yamato's body may be, technically, Sanji's type, but there was also the fact that Yamato was a man and Sanji KNEW that. He'd spent a lot of time on an island full of Drag Queens and transwomen to know that when someone said they were, they knew what they were talking about. So, a part of him had known something was off since that day in the men's bath. He had ignored it for the benefit of his own sanity.

It really hit home that something was seriously wrong when he got a nosebleed over making dinner. It happened suddenly and nearly ruined a perfect set of cooked potatoes. It would have been less worrying, had Nami not walked by him in a neatly tight outfit shortly after, causing a strange wave of aversion rolling over him. It made no sense. She was as beautiful and attractive as always and Sanji noticed that too. It was like looking at a delicious cake you're craving and at the same time recoiling from it. Sanji cursed at himself, both scared and ashamed of the mere idea that a woman could make him feel like THAT. So, he bowed to Nami unprompted and apologized.

Nami accepted his odd behavior with a twitching eyebrow. She must be wary of him, though Sanji had no idea what she was wary off. But Nami was smarter than him, so she'd definitely be right about whatever it was that bothered her.

Sanji decided then and there to see Chopper about it. He had already wanted to check in because of his transformation due to the Germa genes, but this made everything ten times more worrying. Entering Chopper's workshop on the Sunny was always connected to a little bit of overexcitement on Sanji's part. To the doctor's horror, he had to come there often. "Ahh! Are you sick, Sanji? You're not dying, are you?"

Sanji smiled, finding Chopper's antics rather sweet, actually. "No, Chopper, don't worry. I just wanted you to run a check on me. You saw my fight against Queen, right? I just want to know if everything is alright with my body."

Chopper relaxed at those words. "It's good that you come to me! I wanted to have you checked anyway!"

"Thank you, Chopper."

The furry little reindeer then immediately began to make all sorts of tests. Sanji sighed as he let Chopper dictate his every movement and ask questions to recent changes. Sanji explained his concerns and Choppe decided to run blood tests and brain scans and all sorts of things. Sanji really came here a lot more often than he liked to admit. He usually donated a ton of blood to Chopper every few weeks, since Sanji's bloodtype was rare, and unfortunately, there was no one they could rely on being a donor for him. They had to run on reserves. And Sanji had often lost blood due to his recurring nosebleeds. Fishman island had been especially bad. Almost got him killed. Maybe it was good that he had activated his Germa Genes then. His body regenerated itself almost too fast now. So fast, in fact, that Chopper had troubles injecting him with a needle right about now.