In holy matrimony

Based on this (my own post btw.)https://www.tumblr.com/theroundbartable/748089642618912768/guys-i-had-a-vision-imagine-luffy-hey-sanji-i?source=share

Luffy: Hey Sanji, I heard you wanna get married
Sanji: I don't want to. I have to. My family-
Luffy: Robin just told me that if I say you're married, it's legal
Sanji: but who would I-
Luffy: You're married now, Sanji. You can't get married again. Yay, I did it!
Sanji: but... To whom?
Luffy: Guys, Sanji is staying!
Sanji: to WHOM?!?!
Luffy: I want meat!
Sanji: to fucking WHOM?

(I was redrawing some canon OP art, so that's in the header now.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

If Sanji had to pin point when it had all begun, he would say right after Whole Cake. It probably went to shit at Wano and then spiraled out of control somewhere on their way to Egghead and escalated from there.
If Sanji had to blame someone for it all, he'd blame Luffy. Although, deep down, he knew that just because Luffy was the catalyst, it didn't mean he was responsible. Sanji had fallen in love all on his own.

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

Judge's last words to Sanji were the marker. The marker of the end of Sanji's relationship with the Vinsmokes and it hit home for the very last time what his begetter really thought of him.

"What's so good about him, Strawhat Luffy?" The words echoed over the ocean to where the Sunny was making its way back out to sea towards their next goal: Wano. Sanji kept his head lowered and fists clenched. He had spoken his mind to Judge at the interrupted wedding and he didn't want to dignify any of these comments with an answer. Judge was not his father, so the words shouldn't phase him. Besides, Judge was addressing Luffy, not him. Letting go was the right decision, that didn't mean it wasn't hard.
"This is territory of the emperor Big Mom's! Once you enter, you'll never be able to get out. You risked your life just to get him back! Sanji is Germa's failure! His skin doesn't work as a shield! He works as a cook because he has no pride in his royal blood!"
The words stung because Sanji knew them to be final. The feeling of not being good enough, never being good enough, even now that he had surpassed his father's expectations by far burned in his very soul. The wound, after being reopened recently, still burned and bled.

Sanji knew that Luffy didn't care about this, that he still valued him despite his flaws and failures. Luffy had come after him and even eaten the ruined food that Sanji had brought him during his hunger strike, only to clarify once and for all that he hadn't chosen Sanji because he was a decent cook. Sanji still couldn't fathom why but it had been that single gesture that made him scream out that he had wanted to go home to the Sunny.

Luffy was exhaustedly laying on the ship, listening to Judge's words, making Sanji wait for his verdict. "Uh huh."

Judge didn't stop there: "He's easily moved like an idiot and his soft mind makes him put his life on the line for the weak! A failed soldier who is far from perfect... That's all he is!"

The atmosphere was tense for a while as no one said another word. The insult hanging between them like a dense cloud as their ship moved steadily forward and further away from Germa.

Luffy finally sighed before he broke into his usual grin and shouted back as loud as he could: "Goodbye! Thank you for your help!"

Judge, however, nearly screamed at them: "Why don't you say something?! Straw hat!" That too, stung a little. Sanji bit down another comment. He knew that Luffy took him despite his flaws and he would be satisfied with that. He was thankful that Luffy still wanted him on his team. He had no right to be upset.