49

May 3rd 2023 - New things

I hold the bowl of grapes as I walk throughout the house

I hold the bowl of grapes as I walk throughout the house. I pop one into my mouth hearing the crunchy chew.

It's been a week since the whole cancer bomb dropped on us. I haven't left the house since in respect of Massimo's phobia. Although, I knew I couldn't be locked in here forever.

I pop another grape into a mouth passing the door to the basement / dungeon.

"AUUYYYYGGGH." A muffled sound comes from the other side of that door. I stop in my tracks.

Another muffled moan comes from underneath my house. I put the bowl of grapes down on a nearby table.

I open the door to the basement and head down. Accompanied with the harsh dark lighting and the cemented walls and floors, my brain Imediate like transfers itself into a prison.

Another muffled moan only louder is sound again.

"Uhhh.." I mumble to myself.

A bang and another moan is heard, I walk towards it. I find Verona in a room with a disfigured member chained up to the ceiling by his hands.

I turn away immediately and look up. "Who is that?" I ask on the edge of throwing. "It's Dominico." She says effortlessly.

I watch as she walks to a table filled with tools and instruments. Leave it to the Moretti's to enjoy such explicit torture.

"Um, why is he still here?" I glance a bit down to his body. Which im not sure if he's alive.

His body is littered in bruises and wounds, he's basically unrecognizable.  His hand chained from above and his head limped with his bleached blonde hair.

He sheds one singular tear out of his eye as if he's too weak to shes anymore.

"He's suffering." She shrugs. "Clearly." I say prying the new weapon I can't even name out of her hand.

"What are you doing, Vero?" I ask after sighing. "I'm obviously torturing him. Now will you move? We both know you don't have the stomach for this." She says.

"I mean you are right, but I do have a heart." I say sarcastically. "Good for you."

"You have a heart too, Verona. You don't do this. You're an acting geek who goes to white girl black out parties and has dreams of being on broadway or something."

"Since when do I want to be on broadway?" She cringes.

"Look, the point is this," I circle my finger in Dominico's situation without looking at him. "Makes you just like him." I finish.

Verona gives a cold hard glare, for a second she resembled her brother.

"Do you know how sacred a woman's virginity in Italy? Fuck, in the mafia?" She asks. "I gave everything to him. I thought he was my forever. Now no one else will ever want anyone used like me."