hehehe (it is a chapter not an A/N)

if yn vented to shanks instead of yasopp lol

"Dad your back" I say running towards my dad smiling all of a sudden he pushes into the coffee table "GET AWAY FROM ME BRAT HAVEN'T I TOLD YOU THIS BEFORE" he yells angrily "I'm sorry  i really am" I say looking down while fiddling with the bottom of my dress to avoid eye contact "Stupid child" my mother says walking in with a cigar in her mouth "I didn't mean to upset you father I promise" I say then mother kicks me "Brat how dare you upset your father and then fail to acknowledge me" she says while kicking me over and over again "I'm sorry i'm sorry i'm sorry" I cry out as she hits me "You better be brat now get up and bring your father a cold beer he's been working his ass off for you" mother say pointing to the kitchen "Yes mother" I say as i get up and rush over to the kitchen "Hurry up brat" father says as I walk back in to the living room with the cold beer "Here you go father" I say handing him the beer "Do you call this cold" he says as he pours the beer on my head and throws the glass at me "Sorry father I'll get you more" I say picking up the broken glass "No get out your spending the night out side" he says while mother smiles "Yes father" I say on the verge of tears "Hurry up damn it" he says getting mad as I run out the house. The next day I walk back home and open the door to see mother and father eating breakfast and it smelt really good "Good morning father good morning mother can I get some food" I ask "Such a greedy little girl" mother says glaring at me father gets up and take his belt off and starts hitting me over and over again but i don't know why I often asked for food in the morning and i'd get some but have to eat outside so why, why was he beating me what did i do wrong this time. . .

I wake up sweating like crazy. It's been years since i had a dream about them so why am I thinking about them now "hey n/n you good?" shanks ask opening the door to cheek up on me "yea just a bad dream" I say trying to avoid any other questions from him of all people "what was it about" shanks ask "People I would rather not talk to you about" I say "why" shanks asks "because it isn't any of your business shanks" I say slightly annoyed at the thought of talking to shanks about them "come on n/n it won't hurt you to talk to me you know" shanks says "i just don't wanna talk about it" I say pissed "you know talking about it might help you" he says "fine but don't tell anyone about this it isn't something I want people to know I don't even want you to know all that much" I say in a slightly nervous and annoyed tone "I promise" shanks says  says before closing the door and than sitting beside me "the dream was about my very shity parents" I say slightly annoyed "shity parents?" shanks say kinda confused "yea my 'parents' were very very shity assholes but I was to stupid and scared to do anything about it then Makino ended up taking me away from them 5 about years back I haven't  thought about them that much until today and it's pissing me off" I say "So what did they do to become these shity assholes" shanks asks "I . . . I don't want to talk about it I'll just end up a crying mess" I say already on the verge of tears "Y/n please tell me even if you don't say all of it i won't judge you if you start crying" shanks say in a serious way "I wasn't aloud to get to close to my father and if i did get to close he'd beat me i would remember, I had to acknowledge them when the entered or exited a room, I'd have to eat outside because my mother didn't like seeing my face and i'd have to sleep outside most nights because father didn't want me in the house and at 13 he started to. . . " I say pausing and crying then i feel shank's arm around me and I cried more normally if something happened i'd have Makino with me to hug me but I don't anymore i have different people in my life to help me understand my feelings "n/n you said you didn't leave until 5 years ago but we've known you for a lot longer than that'' shanks pointed out while still hugging me "I wasn't aloud home during the day it's that or I wasn't aloud out" I say while resting my head on shanks chest "n/n are you sure that you don't want me to kill them or tell anyone else'' shanks says nervously "no one at all please" i say huging him tighter "okay if you say so" shanks says.

I'm not sure what happened after that but when i woke up shanks was gone. I walk on to the deck and see yasopp and benn waiting for me "y/n your up" benn says "yea I didn't sleep well" I say smiling slightly "well kid were near a new island if you want you can go back to sleep for a little longer well we get there" yasopp says "it's about a hour away" benn says "okay see you guys in a hour then" i say as i walk to my room kinda happy that shanks hasn't run his mouth yet. I only got 45 minutes more of sleep before shanks woke me up i'm not to sure why though "n/n i just realized something" shanks says "what?" i say annoyed that he woke my up knowing damn well i got like zero sleep although he didn't get much sleep either "that was like the second time you have ever hugged me since i knew you" he says happily "that's why you woke me up you asshole" I say pissed "that's a big thing for me you know n/n" he says proud "don't get to used to it and stop making it sound like i'm some big jerk" I say  crossing my arms "can i get another hug just encase you really never hug me again" shanks says "how about i give you a hug and you let me sleep in peace" i say frowning "deal" shanks say bear hugging me "for someone with one arm your weirdly good at hugging" i say hugging shanks back "thank you" he say with confidence "im not sure that was a compliment but your welcome" i say smiling