PROLOGUE

The five maids rushed down the castle halls, running into the infirmary because it was announced that the Queen birthed the young Princess

The five maids rushed down the castle halls, running into the infirmary because it was announced that the Queen birthed the young Princess. As the five made it around the corner, they bumped into the guards and stumbled back.

"You guys need to be quiet; the princess is resting," one of the guards scolded.

"We're sorry, we heard that the Queen gave birth, and we rushed here to see," one of them apologized quietly.

The guards let them through. The maids rushed by them quietly and walked to the room where the new Princess was.

"Hello, you may come in," The Queen said, seeing the youngest girl peek her head around the corner.

"Your Highness," one said as they all curtsied," we came to see the Princess if that's okay?"

"Yes, it is; her name is Y/n Koriand'r L/n," the Queen said, smiling, revealing a small child with bright pink hair and the most hypnotizing green eyes.

"She's so pretty," One of them gushed. The baby stretched, yawned, and closed her eyes, likely trying to fall asleep.

"You guys are excused; she's trying to sleep, and I don't want to disturb her," The Queen said. They nodded and left the room; one of the eldest maids lingered and turned to the Queen.

"Your Highness," she asked quietly," If you don't mind me asking, where's the King? Did you have to give birth by yourself?"

"It wouldn't be the first time," The Queen said, sighing," I assume he's with one of the concubines, as usual."

"I may be overstepping, but why do you stay when he treats you like he does," the maid asked.

"I want my children to know their father and experience how beautiful our planet is. Besides, if I leave, we would be nowhere to go."

The maid nodded and smiled," You deserve more than what you're getting here, and I hate seeing you look so miserable. Besides, I can find a place for us to go."

The maid walked back over to the Queen and kissed her lips. The Queen quickly reciprocated the kiss before pulling away.

"We were supposed to end this Akina," The Queen said.

"M/n, you know you're difficult to stay away from," she smirked," I love you. I'll check on you later."

"I love you too."

...

"You will not be marrying off none of my children," M/n exclaimed to F/n," they aren't just pawns for you to marry off."

"That's the only thing they're good for M/n. We need to create bonds between our neighboring planets, and how will we do that without offering their hands," F/n said.

Five-year-old Y/N looked at her older sister with a puzzled expression. While S/n kept her gaze on her father, slowly processing what he was saying. Her grip tightened on her mom's dress, and M/n reached down and stroked the girl's purple locks.

"You don't think I know about the experiments you've been letting people conduct on them? Y/n has been shooting beams out of her eyes and hands for months. It's made them stronger! They can rule the planet together," M/n exclaimed," there has to be another way."

"My decision is final, M/n. I don't want to hear another word about this," F/n said, excusing himself and leaving the room.

M/n noticed Akina standing in the corner and asked S/n to take Y/n to play.

Once they returned to the playroom, Y/n started playing with one of her dolls, smiling and humming.

"This is your fault, "S/n mumbled.

"Are you talking to me, S/n ?" Y/n looked at S/n curiously.

"Who else, you dummy," S/n exclaimed, tears running from her eyes," before you were born, Mom and Dad got along. Now all they do is argue, and it's your fault."

"My fault," Y/n muttered to herself," but I didn't do anything."

"Your being born was a mistake," S/n said," I wish I didn't have a sister because maybe my parents would get along."

"That isn't my fault," Y/n said, walking up to S/n and shoving her. S/n shoved her back, causing Y/n to fall and scrape her knee.

"Just go away," S/n exclaimed," everything was better before you were born. I hate you."

S/n went on a rampage, destroying every toy in the room, and Y/n watched her. Y/n looked at S/n like she was crazy when she trashed the room. She decided to take her doll and walked to the throne room and sat on her dad's throne, combing her doll's hair.

Ten years later

The L/n daily sat at the dinner table arguing once again. Arguing was all the family did. Y/n was sick of it, and so was her mother. They wanted out. And they needed to get out fast.

"M/n, if she isn't married before she turns 18, she's getting married off to the prince of the neighboring planet," F/n said." One of my daughters has to stay here and rule the planet."

"Isn't that prince around 30 years old," M/n said," She will not be marrying him."

"What about S/n? Why does it have to be me," Y/n huffed," S/n is older than me anyway."

"No one wants to marry S/n," F/n groaned," she's reckless and incapable of being a good ruler, unlike you."

S/n dropped her fork, stood up from the chair angrily, and stormed out of the dining hall.

"I'll go check on her," Y/n excused herself. She flew where she knew her older sister would be. The rose garden was the only one they had on their planet. It was initially grown by their grandparents and cared for by a garden keeper. Y/n sat by her older sister, stroking her hair, and S/n cried softly to herself.

"Y/n, do you think I'm reckless," S/n asked.

"I don't think you're reckless, S/n," Y/n said," you just handle things in a way that Dad's simple mind wouldn't understand. I think you're more than capable of ruling this planet. You're one of the smartest people I know."

"She's right," M/n said, scaring the two girls," we're leaving this place. I wanted you guys to experience the culture of your home planet, and now your dad treats you two as accessories rather than his daughters."

"No, I want to stay," S/n said," I want to prove to Dad that I'm capable of ruling this planet on my own."

"S/n, you don't owe him anything," M/n said.

"This is for me. I want to be queen," S/n said.

"Are you sure," Y/n asked, and S/n nodded.

"Y/n, go live your life," S/n said," I know I haven't been a good sister to you, but I want what's best for you, okay?"

Y/n embraced S/n and left the garden to go to her room. M/n followed her shortly after and closed the door.

"Don't pack anything," M/n said," we can get your clothes and other things when we land on Earth. There's a hero school in the country we're moving to, so you can use these abilities of yours."

"Yes, ma'am," Y/n said.