13. Visitor

I get cleaned up and eat so fast in the morning. Then I run to my office and bring up the analysis thing.

A brain comes in with me. "There are no televisions, cars, phones, pools. People hunt, fish, build things for a living. The girls are not veiled. But they do wear long sleeve dresses that go to the ground."

"I can deal with that. Can you get me 1 of their dresses?"

"However none of them are your skin color. We do advise that a disguise be worn. A lighter skin shade would be needed. Other than that, your body frame and type does fit in."

"Ok."

"We also found a decent sized village. It has a market area with several shops. Homes surround that. This would be a good place to visit. It appears they get visitors, they even have an inn."

"That sounds perfect."

"I will get the disguise ready ma'am."

"Thank you."

30 minutes later, I'm on an invisible ship with 10 invisible brains heading to the ground. I can't even sit still I am so excited.

We get out in a field outside the village. I walk right in on the path. The gates are open. The guard only looks at me. "Welcome to Crocia." I must not be intimidating all alone. I know the brains are with me though. At first glance the place appears a bit dull. Dirt paths everything covered in dust. Lots of insects. At least this time, they are really insects. Most of the rooftops seem either rotten or whatever wood they could find thrown over their area. The people dress in mainly tan or brown. Probably so people can't see the dust on the clothes. I fit in perfectly with the clothes. The brains did good work.

I start walking. So many people are walking around, I join them so easily. I pass by lots of stalls. They have many weird things for sale. One has like blue meat, or maybe that's a vegetable. I don't know. It seems some people have pets. Then are round hair balls that have 2 long legs they walk on. They don't seem to have faces. Just hair. The body is about as big as a basket ball. The legs are an easy 2 foot long though. Then they have 3 sharp pointy toes. I bet they do some damage. Then I see a jewelry stall. The gems are like the same as the types I have. I do like sparkly things though. 

I hear some music from somewhere. I think it's music anyways. It sounds almost whiney. I can hear some drums with it too. I follow the sound for awhile and end up near them. I smile at the people dancing. Some of them seem young like me. They all seem happy.

A boy about my age comes up and takes my hand. "Would you like to dance?"

"I would love that."

He leads me out on the floor and I try to dance like everyone else. They keep throwing their arms up and acting like dying chickens or something. It's not a dance where we touch. I finish the dance then run the hell away. Dancing is not good here.

I see some people gathered by a path. I go over and stand with them. I check all over but they don't seem to be watching anything particular. Then I hear some chimes start going off. The people all start pointing. I watch as 20 women all dressed in black with black belts, gloves, shoes, tall pointy hats, all black articles of clothing head to toe. I can't see 1 inch of skin on these women. The women come out of a monument maybe. They all walk down the path chanting something but I can't really hear what they're saying. I do see 1 of them point at me though. I glance around and all the people I'm standing with are staring at the ground. I stare down fast too. But it's to late, 2 guards grab right onto me. They walk me behind the women. I know the brains are behind them. They won't let me get to hurt. I didn't know I wasn't supposed to watch. But the guards don't seem to be mad or trying to hurt me.