十五 | 𝐓𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

"Interesting game," (Y/N) commented to Light and L when they approached her after their game, then sliding her hands into her pockets due to the sudden chill she received from a small breeze that blew past her. "Very intense, too. It wasn't only a game though, am I right?"

    "I can't get anything past you, can I?" Light chuckled as he ran a hand through his now slightly damp hair.

She merely shrugged in response.

    "The outcome was just as I suspected, too," L voiced, turning towards Light.

    "Is it now?" The boy hummed. "It has been a while since I had to play that hard. I'm feeling kind of thirsty, now. Plus, there's something that I wanted to ask you about. Do you wanna go somewhere for a drink?"

    "You humored me to a tennis match—the least I can do is answer some of your questions," L affirmed his invitation before then turning his dark gaze to (Y/N). "By the way, Miss (L/N), could you also come along too? Before this conversation goes any further, there is something I must tell both of you."

    "What's that?" Light asked.

    "I suspect that either you, Yagami Light, or (L/N)(Y/N), is in fact Kira. Now, if you still want to ask me something, then please, go ahead."

    "Curiouser and curiouser," the girl only replied with a smirk hidden behind her hand.

So he thinks I could be Kira?

I didn't see that one coming in the least.

    "Of course, there is only a one percent chance," L further explained as he walked in between Light and (Y/N), flicking his eyes back and forth between them every few seconds. "But that aside, I don't mind telling you that once I'm sure you both aren't Kira and I can verify your deductive skills are as strong as I think they are, I'd like nothing more than to have the both of you work with me on this investigation."

    "Hm... I guess we're both suspects now," (Y/N) murmured to Light.

His jaw merely tightened in response.

The three descended into an almost uncomfortable silence the rest of the way to the cafe—a cozy little place that sold sweets and had good, private seating—and until they slid into a booth in the corner surrounded by several plants. It was only then when that silence broken.

"I'm going to go order us something," (Y/N) stated as she moved towards the front, quickly buying the cakes so she could return to the boys.

And as she walked back, both Light and L stopped their conversation when seeing her approach balancing three slices of cake in her hands. Setting down Light's and her own, she then placed a strawberry cake in front of L before sliding into the spot next to her friend. She didn't seem to notice the way the detective was staring intently at his piece since she was too busy digging into her own, but it was only when the silence became too thick to handle did she say something.