三十七 | 𝐌𝐎𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

    Three months passed.

Three months and nothing substantial had come to light about the Kira case, even with the addition of new equipment and abilities provided by the recently constructed Headquarters. And with such slow proceedings, the energy from three months ago had all but dwindled down to nothing.

Currently, (Y/N) was turning off the rapid beeping of her alarm clock whilst simultaneously rubbing the sleep from her eyes. While she still frequented her own house and To-Oh, she had all but moved in to the new Headquarters, and she certainly couldn't be blamed considering how lavish both her room and floor was. She had a king-sized bed with the softest sheets, an enormous bathroom that had both a westernized and traditional Japanese style, and a walk-in closet full of the latest fashions.

It was impressive to say the least.

And the more she inspected, the more she realized that she was the only one with such additions.

The thought made her smile.

    After getting dressed and presentable, (Y/N) rode the elevator down to the main floor. After being directed to the room where L and Light currently were by Watari, she opened the door to find the two sitting opposite each other with tension hanging thick in the air. Light looked incredibly irritated with his eyes closed and his arms crossed over his chest while L absentmindedly chewed on both the piece of cake he had on a plate and his fork.

    "What's going on here?" She asked as she closed the door behind her, immediately both of them turning their heads in her direction.

    Light merely gave an audible sigh before shaking his head, a clear sign that he didn't even want to try and explain the answer to her question. Instead, he merely pay the seat beside him, a gesture for her to sit—which she did—before leaning back again to close his eyes.

    Her brow raised.

    She then turned to L.

    "What?" The detective tilted his head from her stare, blinking his dark eyes in an owlish way before holding up his plate. "You want some cake?"

    "In the morning?"

    "Yes?"

    "Isn't that a lot so early?"

    "I found that you don't gain any weight as long as you burn calories by using your brain," he stated in a rather monotone way as he pointed to his head, his voice muffled from the fork still in his mouth. "I'm sure even if you ate cake in the morning like I do, nothing will change about your image."

    She chuckled at his answer, for in a roundabout way, it was a compliment about her intellectually.

    "Anyways, did you actually want some cake, or did you have something else to say to me?" L tilted his head even further to the side, his raven hair shifting with the exaggerated action.