Chapter 5 Continental Union

Hi everyone, I hope you enjoy this chapter.
In this chapter the demon king is also called emperor because the name demon king is just a title.

As usual don't hesitate to point out any translation errors.

___________________________________

Berlin shortly after the attack

The Chancellor and the President had held an emergency meeting following the information obtained from the Heligoland archipelago."So what are you going to do?" Asked the Chancellor.
"As if we had any more choice than that." He sighed.
"Given the situation of the country, I would have preferred not to have to enter into a war, but there's nothing we can do about it."
Suddenly the Minister of Defence entered, accompanied by the Chief of Staff. "Good morning, gentlemen."

"There's no need to explain the situation to you, you know why we've asked you here?"
"Yes, Mr President, I've already started moving troops around and we're ready to place the area under observation."
"That's all very well, but do you know when you'll be ready to counter-attack?"
"A week at the most." Replied the Chief of Staff. He conversation continued.

capital Arcus same day 1pm

Roman and his team were in their room when he received a communication from the government.
"Roman you should see this." He stepped forward to look at the message, reading it he made a funny face, before starting to speak.
"Alright change of programme at the Continental Union conference."
"What's going on?" The rest of the team asked.
"The Volcist Empire has attacked and invaded the Heligoland archipelago, so the government has declared a state of war against them.
So at the conference, as well as looking for commercial partners, we have to make an announcement about this event and the consequences."
This sentence sent the rest of the delegation into total silence.

The next day in the same town

It was 10 o'clock when the diplomatic elf delegation set foot in the capital's harbour. Like all the other delegations travelling to the Continental Union conference, the arrival of the emissaries from the invoked lands was already causing quite a stir.

Each of the elves sighed, not expecting more results from this conference and its newcomer.

venue continental union conference

All the representatives of each country were already inside, all awaiting the arrival of King Vermond II and the results of the hero's disastrous invocations, when suddenly the doors opened revealing the king accompanied by 3 people dressed in exotic garb.

"It's just as we thought." The three German diplomats thought to themselves.
Each of them looked at the different people with appearances that diverged from human, before them a multitude of humanoid species when suddenly a group of people approached them unlike many people this group was the closest to human they were all blond with pointed ears.
"Mitor luxo du espifa xif nafk?"

The king, who was still at their side, saw the look of incomprehension. "Gentlemen German diplomats I present to you the elven diplomats of the kingdom of Elose since you do not seem to understand the continental language I offer you the services of my personal interpreter."
"Thank you for your kindness His Majesty." They replied.

After the meeting with the most curious envoys, each representative began to take their seat, while the King was already in front of what looked like a lectern, waiting for calm to begin.
"Good morning and welcome to the 8th meeting of the Continental Union, which is taking place today in Arcus.
On the agenda today is the state of the various fronts against the demons, followed by technological advances against the demons, but before that, as you must all already know, we attempted to summon the hero in order to send him to the Elose front, but nothing happened as planned because of our attempt, the Pluvia Sea found itself isolated from the ocean by the appearance of a new land."