Heretical Sun 02

"𝓝𝓸 𝔀𝓸𝓶𝓪𝓷 𝓬𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝓬𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓷𝓸𝓽 𝓹𝓪𝔂 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓹𝓻𝓲𝓬𝓮 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓲𝓽."

— 𝓡𝓸𝓼𝓮 𝓦𝔂𝓷𝓽𝓮𝓻𝓼

Chapter 2. Yellow dress.
I probably entered the chamber which, according to my calculations, should be a meeting room. Just like Sydney and Chloe had taught me, I glided across the dance floor, keeping my head high and not giving anyone a glance. I moved towards an empty chair next to an older man who seemed to be the most polite and least talkative, because the shorter and more trivial the conversations I engaged in, the less likely anyone would catch me as having questionable knowledge of... well, basically anything. is related to the military. This is not about a general lack of knowledge, but a lack of current knowledge. I read many books on various topics, but the fact that I know how many people were in the Kamdunian army in 1098 does not mean much here and now - in 1658 and - probably does not matter to anyone.
I nodded into space and formally greeted the representatives of the rest of the One Righteous God pact countries. With as much grace as I could muster, I sat down on the hard chair and tried not to show how stressed I was. My invitation said to wear yellow if possible, so here I am. And they? Not a single person is wearing anything even cream or orange. I looked down and examined my outfit.
The dress was beautiful. The zinc material hugged my waist and added advantages. The outfit flared from the hips down in pastel yellow. A white petticoat was visible around my calves, intended to make my serious face look more childlike. I had to be serious, but not too serious so as not to seem conceited or haughty. The subtle, small neckline was cheese-shaped and its edges were trimmed with pearls that sparkled happily, even though they were artificial. The fabric was arranged in waves across my bust so that it moved every time I spoke. In this way, with every word I said, the dress moved up and down like a real wave, and the slightly brocaded cotton from the Land of Moira made my beauty, unique in the West, even more exotic. On my hand glittered bracelets made of various materials, from black silver to precious gold and a smoothly polished diamond, very dangerous because of its sharpness, which I received along with a marriage proposal from Prince Desquit, who unfortunately died by falling from his horse that autumn. He was a good man. My fingers also sparkled with mineral rings that I collected with my brother when I was a child. I had incredibly heavy earrings in my ears that made it feel like my ears were going to burst. Only there was nothing around my neck. It was quite unexpected to just skip these after so many extras in other places, but I'm just a model. I don't talk, I just look. My shoulders and bare back were covered by an oversized khaki jacket that belongs to my brother, but I stole it from him because it is very comfortable, but above all, it has very clever weapon compartments that you won't find in women's cuts.
As a rather tall woman, I have to slouch slightly so as not to seem like a colossus among those teenagers who in the South and West are called men. They wear many badges, but I'm sure none of them were actually in the military. You can see from their movements what they are used to - a comfortable armchair in their castle and the privacy of the library of their summer house. Only Qued from the east looks worthy. I thought they should learn from him.
My friendly thoughts were interrupted by a woman entering the room. Her appearance and attitude completely stunned me. She looked like an officer walking among his soldiers, knowing exactly who he was passing and where he was going. She walked as if she could conquer the world alone, without anyone's help. I smiled, honestly for the first time since the meeting began, and watched dreamily as the woman took her seat at the head of the table. I rested my head on my hand and stared, satisfied, at the commotion she had caused.
Princess Andrea was at least 10 years older than me, but she looked very young in her Dnardian military uniform. It didn't consist of anything special. It was a black, washed shirt and airy pants and, of course, comfortable shoes, which I immediately envied her, remembering my fifteen-centimeter wedges, which were pointless to wear, considering the fact that I have to hide my height, but whenever I mention my opinion about shoes , Chloe cuts the conversation short and says something about code-appropriate attire. I have been Andrea's number one fan for the last few years. She is so confident and unfazed by everything that is happening around her... She is a real authority for me.
'Welcome to the council, allies.' Her voice broke me out of my thoughts. It was strong and rough, as if she had worn it lightly while training with recruits.  'Let us welcome you today with special honors the new representative of Kamdun, Princess Rackusa.' 

I nodded and straightened up, as if that would make me hear her speech better. My heart started beating faster as everyone stared at me for a moment. 

She continued. 'The topic of today's meeting will again be the attack on the Mojr Empire, which recently illegally broke the food supply contract with our alliance. At the last meeting, we determined, based on the testimony of our spies, that they, with the new queen at their head, were preparing to attack United Thesmalia in the southeast. She looked at Prince Qued sympathetically, and I did the same. – Recently, we assured you, King of Thesmalia, that we will support your country in the event of a crisis, and of course we still stand by this declaration, but I will repeat once again: in the event of an attack, a significant part of the population of this country will be injured or die. This will be a blow to our eastern border, which may expose us to attacks by other alliances and independent powers. This is a risk we cannot take any longer. Please, allies, think again. A war with the Moira Empire on their territory is the best solution we can afford.'
At this point, the princess signaled to the servants, and she handed us a handwritten stack of cards.
'Here are the calculations of the expected costs of the war. We will give you an hour to read them and after that time General Starkovic from the western flank will count the anonymous votes. - Andrea looked at us pleadingly. - Let's not let our people suffer. You can go your separate ways, thank you for listening.'
The princess bowed and left.
Everyone started to leave. When I was alone, I relaxed. I read the report again. They want a fortieth part of our army. Theoretically, it wouldn't be much, but given the disaster, I'm not convinced we can afford it. In the end, out of 600,000 people, only 400,000 remained. My brother did not give them new data. Of course not. We cannot show weakness in this respect. We would have been excluded at a crucial moment.
But on the other hand, our country will not survive if we do not conquer Mojr's country. I bit my lip, even though I knew what my choice would be. I know my brother didn't agree to this for a reason, but the Dnardic princess is not without arguments either. I sighed deeply. I have no choice. I took out the cards to play war.
'Alright. If my left hand wins, Racquas wins, and if my right hand wins, we go to war. Let fate decide...' I muttered to myself.

The left hand had just taken two aces from the right's war when the princess of Dnardia entered the chamber. I jumped, not expecting anyone to use the room. Not to mention the fact that I already had a knife from my jacket in my hand and I almost assassinated a soldier.
'Don't disturb yourself ' she said with unconcealed surprise that she met me here. She came over and looked at my actions. ' Did you take a break for the game? Or maybe you're training to beat the King of Hasshin? ' She sat down next to me, looked discreetly at the back of the card on the right side and nodded in approval. 

'Good luck. Ego height is excellent at deceiving.'  I smiled tactfully but sincerely.
'I don't have such aspirations to face him, I guarantee it.'
'Well Miss, I'll just take my notes and I won't bother you anymore.'
'Miss...? You know very well that you are not superior to me in status.'
'Oh there. Soldier's habit. A pleasant afternoon.'  – And she just left.
- Mutual - I whispered to the empty door. I shrugged and went back to the game.
I laid down my cards. There was an ace on the left and a joker on the other.