No surprises - (In Timeskip)

Tooru is the best, Kageyama always said. He loves and admires his husband. He has the most beautiful eyes that a person can have. His hair, that is always perfect and the clothes that fit him perfectly. He couldn't think of someone else to have as a partner.

The way Oikawa treats him was always kind and regardless of his mood. Even if he was mad at the world, because training didn't go the way he wanted it to be, he'd always give Kageyama princess treatment.

"You deserve it." The older always said. It made Kageyama's heart race. He was so happy being loved like this. So happy to have Oikawa on his side. Everything in their relationship was literally perfect.

A heart that's full up like a landfill

But there was one thing that bothered both to death; not having much time to spend with the other. They always had training from morning to afternoon. Or training camps that last for several days. Sometimes they were so tired, that they'd fall asleep right after coming home. And sometimes, they wouldn't even see each other.

Both knew that this wasn't good for their relationship.

A job that slowly kills you

After high school, Oikawa was diagnosed with severe damage to his knee. He had to be careful and sometimes have a day off of training. Of course he didn't do it voluntarily. Kageyama offered to spend his days off with him. Oikawa agreed thankfully, even though he knew Kageyama had no reason to. After all, Oikawa was a grown man and could also take care of himself. But he took this chance to spend  more time with his husband. He had many plans…

Bruises that won't heal

But his plans didn't work out. As time went on, they began to argue a lot. Almost every day. It was a bad omen.

You look so tired, unhappy

"But I Love you!" Oikawa yelled at his husband. Tears ran down his cheeks.

"I know that.." Kageyama sniffed. "And I love you too. But why are we fighting so much?" He grabbed his husbands hands and squeezed them tight. They looked each other deep in the eyes.

4 month later

Life was speaking for them again. They had more time for each other and they spent it in peace. They went on beautiful dates and even renovated the apartment.

I am great ful to call him my husband, both thought.

Bring down the government

But it wasn't supposed to stay this peaceful..

They don't
They don't speak for us

One day, their fight escalated. They started throwing objects. First simple pillows from the couch. Followed by an empty cola can and a book. They haven't hit each other, but only, because they didn't try to aim.

"WHY DID YOU DO THIS?!" Oikawa yelled angrily.

"LISTEN. I ALREADY APOLOGIZED. I AM SORRY." Kageyama yelled back. "But what you do now is also unfair. I really didn't mean to hurt you. I know I made a mistake."

"I trusted you. And you just lied to me!"

"I understand if you hate me right now. But Hinata celebrated his bachelor party in this club. Should I have just said I wouldn't come, because you were against it?"

"Well, you could've told me where you guys actually celebrate it. You told me you'd just hang out in a bar. It was a shock for me after I found out per Tsukishima's Insta story. AND I SAW HOW THAT GUY WAS FLIRTING WITH YOU! HE ALMOST KISSED YOU!"

"YES. ALMOST! BUT NOTHING HAPPENED. I STOPPED HIM RIGHT AWAY." Now Kageyama was pissed. He tried to catch his breath from yelling. It was no big deal for him, that this guy tried to kiss him. Because he didn't actually kiss him. Why was Oikawa making an elephant out of a mosquito?

"Do you trust me that little? I told you nothing happened. If you don't believe your husband, then maybe you should overthink your feelings for me.." Kageyama said frustrated.

I'll take a quiet life
A handshake of carbon monoxide

"You're not the victim here! Stop selling yourself as one!

I did trust you. With my life... But do you even trust me? Why did you lie to me?... again." Oikawa whispered.

"I-" The younger paused. "I thought you were against it. But I didn't want to disappoint Hinata. So I just told you that..uhm... I'm sorry Tooru." himself while lowering his gaze.

And no alarms and no surprises
No alarms and no surprises

"It's just... It's always the same with you. You always do things without thinking about the consequences or other people!" The older said frustrated.

Silent
Silent

"I'm so-"
"You keen sayin' that! I know you do feel sorry. But that doesn't stop you from repeating." The guilt Kageyama is feeling slowly kills him. He never wanted to hurt his husband on purpose.

This is my final fit

It's not like they don't share any positive memories together. But in moments like this, Oikawa only can remember the bad ones. All their little fights and every disagreement.

My final bellyache with

"So? What are we gonna do now?" Oikawa asked after a long silence they spend staring at each other.

No alarms and no surprises
Please

"I don't know... I just want you to forgive me one more time...please. I'll make it up to you and change! I promise." Kageyama was full of hope. He would never give up on his husband. He loves him after all.

Such a pretty house
And such a pretty garden

"I think I need my time Tobio. I would appreciate, if you'd give me some space." The older whispered seriously.

The door slammed as he left the house. Silence.
Tears that ran down Kageyama's face.

Shit.

No alarms and no surprises (let me out of here)
Please

-------
This is the first time doing a oneshot based on a song, hope it wasn't all bad.
And english is not my native language. Appreciate your correction!