I'm Sorry, What?

Five new phone numbers were added to my contact list today. Around three, however, I received a call from Jessie asking if I was going to the store to pick up some cookies and flowers. Apparently the apartment looked dull and she wanted to make it colorful. Also we were out of cookies. I say good bye to the boys and I walk into the florist, right were the boys were standing originally. As soon as I walk in I was blasted with the overpowering scent of honey and pollen. There was perky blonde behind the counter reading a magazine with more picture than words. She looked up at me and put on a huge cheerleader smile.

“Hello! Can I help you make a selection?” She gestured to the huge refrigerator of flowers.

“Yes, do you have any peonies or irises? I am looking for a bold summer bouquet.” The girl went into the fridge and came back with a lovely bouquet with light pink peonies, lavender, bluebells and white daisies. I would have never thought of putting any of those together.

“That’s perfect! I’ll take it!” I said almost jumping and clapping. I need to get out of here.

“Yay! I’m so glad you like it! Let me ring you up.” The perky blonde went back behind the counter messing with the cash register. I went up to the checkout taking out my wallet, but when I looked down I saw something colorful. Her magazine, covered with Liam and the boys smiling at me. I did a double take. Why are the lads in a magazine?! How are the lads in a magazine?! I looked at the girl and handed her the money and asked her,

“Who are those boys?” she looked at the magazine then stared at me in awe. 

“You’ve never heard of One Direction? Do you watch ‘The X-Factor’?” I shook my head no.

“Can’t say that I have.”

“Well, One Direction is a boy band created by Simon Cowell. The boys are so funny! I fancy them all! Harry, Louis, Niall, Zayn, and Liam! I loved Liam’s hair straight but he changed it now, oh well, he still looks fit.” She stared down at the magazine with huge admiration, as an understatement.

I thanked her for the flowers, grabbed the bouquet and hi-tailed it out of there. I walked to the bakery and asked for a baker’s dozen and started to process what Blondie had told me. If they were so famous, why weren’t they mobbed? Okay wait, easy answer, they snuck around so they wouldn’t be bothered. Why didn’t they tell me? Okay, easy again, well I wouldn’t tell a weeping stranger that I was the famous whoever. They probably were surprised, happy or relived that I wasn’t freaking out or fangirling. I have to look these boys up when I get home. I got my cookies and started eating one, a baker’s dozen is thirteen, Jessie only asked for a dozen. I paid for the cookies and walked out of the bakery with flowers, cookies, and a wandering mind.

~~~~

                When I got back to the flat Jessie was reading a book on the futon.

“Home, and I got flowers and cookies.” I say dropping my keys on the table and getting a vase for the flowers.

“Thank you so much! I love this arrangement too by the way.” She said taking the flowers. I found a vase and filled it halfway with water.

“Hey Jess?”

“Yes?”

“Have you watched ‘The X-Factor’ recently or heard of any new bands from X-Factor?” I asked putting the vase on the dinner table. Jessie put the flowers in the vase and arranged the flowers from color to size to her liking.

“No, on the X-Factor, but yes to hearing new bands.”

“Ever heard of One Direction?”

“I think so, why?”

“I just heard about them today and they seem pretty cool.”

“Are they the guys who did ‘What Makes You Beautiful’?”

I shrugged, “Maybe, I’ll look it up later. So, how was your day?”

She looked up and beamed at me, “I met a guy.”

“Tell me more.”

“Well, I went down to the pub for lunch because I didn’t feel like cooking. And a handsome group of lads walked in and there was a cute blonde with pretty blue eyes and he had clear braces, I couldn’t even tell he had them till I walked up and talked to him! His name is Niall, Niall Horan.” She said with a huge smile. My hand went immediately to my phone. Oh crap… 

AN- OKAY I diecided to upload this chapter but the rest is on hold till June 10 please tell me what you think so far :) xx -Haleigh