Chapter 25

Most of their family had been far from shocked when Haylan and Blaise announced that they intended to be married before the end of the year. They were more surprised that Haylan and Blaise had managed to plan the majority of both ceremonies they wanted to hold.

Sirius on the other hand was firmly in denial.

Which was why Haylan found himself sitting outside in the private garden of the castle watching Padfoot run around the open grounds to work out his energy before trying to speak to Haylan. The sessions with the mind healers were doing wonders for Sirius and keeping his foot out of his mouth most of the time. Sirius wasn't quite to the point where he could process extreme emotions as a human, but he was getting better.

It only took fifteen minutes before Padfoot approached Haylan, whimpering and laying his head on Haylan's lap.

"Oh, Padfoot... you knew that this relationship was serious and that we would end up married eventually, that is the point of us getting betrothed and tolerating your cockblocking ways. I don't see how holding off till the new year would make much of a difference in the long run. I know we are moving quite fast. It worried me a lot for a while there that we were moving too fast. I've never loved anyone like I love Blaise and I have never experienced the type of love that Blaise gives me so freely. But we are drawn to each other in ways we cannot explain and it is starting to hurt physically to be away from each other so often." Harry spoke softly as he petted Padfoot's head. "I also want you to remember that even when I get married, you'll still be family. Just because I will acquire a husband, does not mean that I value you any less or that I will ditch you. I will however be banning you from my presence for a week after the last wedding so I can have private time with my husband."

Padfoot sneezed probably in protest before shifting back into a human. Sirius stayed sitting by Haylan's feet, making no move to stand as the pensive look took over his face.

"I missed so much of your life pup, and now you are getting married and ruling an empire. I just... don't know where I fit in your life?" Sirius spoke softly, years of pain, heartache, and abandonment aching in his tone.

Haylan smiled softly, running his fingers through Sirius' hair the same way he had Padfoot's. "You are my godfather, you are my Uncle Siri, you are my advisor who reminds me when I need to eat and take time off from working so much, you are the first family I found after entering the wizarding world, and you are a Black. You are part of my life and my family many times over Sirius. I am still going to need you and want you in my life. With my parents gone, when I eventually have children, I want you to be their grandfather. You will always have a place here."

Silent tears slid down Sirius' cheeks and Haylan just quietly kept petting his hair, giving him time to process his emotions and calm down.

"I love you pup," Sirius says finally in a rough voice.

"I love you too Siri."

"As long as the Wedding is soon and it's not on Samhain, I don't care about what day we actually hold either ceremony," Haylan said tiredly, leaning back in his wingedback chair. The whole family was piled into one of the private lounges to discuss the wedding plans. Vivianna, Narcissa, Andromeda, and Sirius were throwing out questions and tearing through the plans that Blaise and Haylan had presented to them. Draco, Ted, Dora, and Bella sat off to the side watching the back and forth between Haylan and Blaise versus their parental figures.

"The ceremony with our real vows will cement easier if we do it on the full moon." Blaise chimed in.

"Full moon this month is on the 15th, and next month on the 14th," Sirius added having memorized the full moon patterns due to running with Moony for so many years.