One-shot ---A Small Cry 🎭✨---

Dazai was walking around the port mafia dorms late at night, he woke up earlier to get some water before going back to sleep but as he walked past Chuuya's apartment he heard a strange noise. A weird sound because dazai had never heard it before from chuuya, the weird sound that almost sounded like....crying. No crying was an understatement; it sounded like sobbing.

This had made dazai worried but it also piqued his interest, he had never heard crying from chuuya before, chuuya was always stubborn about his emotions even though he always made the time to try and help dazai with his. Chuuya was one of the most interesting people dazai had ever met, a hypocrite who hated other hypocrites, chuuya always seemed to confuse or entertain dazai, but dazai also wanted to be able to help chuuya too since he had helped dazai with his...issues. but he knew chuya would never be brutally honest about it, Because of this dazai had learned to simply pick up on subtle changes of chuuya to tell when he's upset. Ofcourse he told chuuya this over and over that he knew everything from the beat of chuuya's heart though chuuya didn't care or maybe he just thought dazai was being his usual sarcastic self. But dazai wasn't lying, he knew everything about chuuya because they were partners.

After a while of consideration and making absolutely sure he wasn't hearing things and Chuuya was actually crying Dazai walked towards the door and knocked on the door "hey chibi? Are you okay?" dazai's voice was gentle because he didn't wan't to startle chuuya but he couldn't help but be entertained with chuuya's actions.

The door opened and chuuya had his long ginger hair tied in a small messy bun, a bun dazai usually saw him in when he was mad because chuuya wanted his hair out of his face, dazai picked up on this one morning when chuuya kept his hair in a bun all week and he was in a really bad mood all week, it usually happened about once a month, so usually if dazai saw the bun he would try and keep his teasing on the low. Chuuya also looked tired and his eyes were a bit red and puffy, chuuya who usually wore tight fitting clothes was wearing a baggy oversized sweatshirt and pajamma pants.Dazai took one look at chuuya and knew he wasn't okay. "Chuuya...were you crying?" dazai asked gently as he looked at chuuya who didn't meet his gaze.

"You must be hearing things again mackerel, no ones crying" chuuya said with a fake sarcastic tone, "go tell mori to get your ears checked." Dazai didn't even know why chuuya was trying to lie at this point. He looked like a mess and worst of all he was still trying to lie about it to dazai of all people, dazai couldn't figure out if he was stupid or just hoping that dazai wouldn't care which backfired horribly because this only made dazai care more.

Dazai folded his arms and looked down and chuuya "i'm not hearing things, chuuya i heard you crying." chuuya still didn't look at dazai probably hoping that dazai would just drop it.

Chuuya looked away, it seemed like something personal. "I'm not hearing things chuuya...but i won't force you to tell me....." dazai wanted chuuya to tell him but he knew chuuya would just get defensive and cause an argument if dazai forced him. Chuuya seemed a bit grateful dazai wasn't trying to force his answer.

"....thank you dazai...." chuuya said quietly but it was gentle, he really was thanking dazai. Dazai nodded and looked at chuuya.

"Chuuya...why's your hair up?" dazai tried changing the subject but knew that chuuya wore his hair up when he was upset, he wondered if maybe chuuya would open up if dazai just gave him time.

"I just-....i just wanted it out of my face..." chuuya replied with a bit of a mumble as he fiddled with his sleeve. Dazai knew that keeping it out of his face was a partial reason but he didn't want to push.