Chapter 1 (PART 1)

Would you say yes to an arranged marriage to 'deadliest' Emperor?
Let me explain.
My name is Princess Valenti (Val-in-Te) Lorse. I am 5 '10 and I have light, light brunette hair with tanned skin. I have dark brown eyes. I just turned 18 a few weeks ago. I have 2 younger sisters named Violet (16), and Valorie(14). I have my father who is king here in Kolas. My mother passed away from an incurable disease around when my youngest sister, Varorie, was born.
My father always expected high with me and if I didn't reach his standards he'd bring out the wooden stick. Although, this was never the price for my younger siblings. But It is what it is. We are in the Western territory.
My father wanted me to marry some Prince from the Kingdom in the desert. I, personally, did not because, surprise-surprise, he is known to be the deadliest Emperor in the entire Kolas kingdom.
That kingdom's name is Hevens. His name is Clodan de Hevens. I don't want to marry him.
Before I forget, I also have a speech impediment. That's the reason why my father hates me. He thinks I am a waste and that I should have never been born. He wants Valorie and Violet to be rich, and powerful Queens. My speech impediment makes me sometimes repeat words. For example, 'I want, want apples.'.
The only reason why I am marrying Clodan de Hevens is because his kingdom has been our enemy for over 100 years. So, my father wants to make peace by marrying one of his daughters off to the emperor. That daughter is me.
Wish me luck.