Chapter 1 (PART 2)

"Valenti, you will meet him in a few days." My father demanded at the dinner table. He was already frustrated because I arrived to dinner late. I had to get ready when my hair would not cooperate. I am lucky he didn't make me get the wooden stick.
"Yes, father,father." I said, knowing there was no way out of this. "You must go shopping for new attire. You're already ugly so we need something that could grab his attention." He smirked and nodded at one of the maids to write it down on a schedule. Valorie giggles while Violet sat there, silently playing with her food. "I already know I'm ugly, no use in rubbing it in." I thought as I looked at my breakfast.
After dinner, my father demanded I go shopping immediately. Since my schedule was dull, today was the day I went shopping.
I meet Emperor Clodan in 2 weeks and go back to his land in 4. I am so 'excited'.
We decided to go with a deep blue dress to compliment my hair. It had white lace and white embroidery. We also got a pearl necklace with white gloves. Oh, also a white hairpin.
It was honestly a gorgeous dress. "This will definitely hide my ugliness, hell, he may fall in love with the darn thing." I thought as I twirl in the dress. "I, I want this." I pointed to the dress and the maid nodded.
Such a beautiful dress.