Chapter V

Cupid in Chains

Chapter V

JENNIE

"Jennie Kim is my girlfriend" Lisa stated as she gave a statement to the press. She's in the lobby of her company doing a press conference and I'm in her office room watching her on screen, mouth gaping at what she's saying. "We've been together for almost 2 years now, but we know each other for a long time, she's a pediatrician who is based in Boston. We keep things private since Jennie was far away and we were still growing our relationship" She started to say looking all tall and confident as she tells our made-out story to the world.

"Rose's Family had been a close friend of ours since I was little. They are like a second parents to me. As you all know, the Park's are on the verge of bankruptcy and Uncle came to my office to ask for my help. I did help them, invest some on them but I don't think that my help could had save their Business from falling apart and the only way for it is to merge our company. That would only be possible if one of us would marry her only daughter. But my brother already has a family and I already have Jennie." She continues.

"My girlfriend didn't come from money, she had to strive hard to get her degree. She would work 3 jobs just to continue her studies and even how much I would offer to pay her tuition she would decline and tell me she feel more comfortable working to sustain her education than have me paying for it. It's her dream to become a doctor and help kids who are struggling in life, that's why she chooses that area of expertise. She's a simple woman who I meet when I went on vacation in Boston, she easily captivates me of how kindhearted she is and her mindset on things. We easily hit it off, she doesn't know me as what you all have know me, a woman who hold great power in Business, to her I'm just a simple woman she meets in a café who ask for her name."

I was in awe with her acting. She sounded so convincing, like she knows the story in the back of her head like it really happens. The press was listening intently in her every word.

"She eventually finds out, for me to continue our relationship I had to be honest with her and explain my work and background. And it became one of the issue in our relationship, she's always doubting herself, saying we are not compatible since I came from money, and she has nothing to offer. But she didn't know that her personality and her determination in life made me fall in love with her" She gave a small smile at everyone who is silent by her confession.

 Everyone seems tongue tied by what she's been spilling. "She's a great woman, with a big heart, though she doesn't come from a prestigious family she's everything that I would have chosen to be a wife"

"Then Miss Manoban why did you decided to marry Roseanne Park?" One of the press questions and all the attention went back to Lisa as they were waiting for her response eagerly.

She sighs before speaking. "Me and Jennie fight over time about my closeness to Rosé, I would always go to their office to help them and guide them of their decisions about the company's future. This would always sparks fight that eventually lead to Jennie asking for a breakup, she didn't talk to me for months. I was devasted at the same time I couldn't turn my back on the Park's and felt the need to help them since I know how much their business meant to them. I was loss and heartbroken thinking the only person, I loved didn't love me enough to trust me and stay by my side so I opted to marry Rosé thinking what else could go wrong since the arrangement is all business and I'm good in business, I didn't know Jennie's pregnant that's why I'm so surprise knowing about it in the wedding " she finally connect the whole situation leading to the marriage and I was amaze how she delivered it, almost making me believe her if I'm not one of the character playing on that story.

"But Miss Manoban why does Miss Jennie Kim just look like a month pregnant? Is the child really yours?" another press asks.

Damn, they are good. They really wanted to squeeze out more information.