SCOOCH

ℹ️ Another one from the girls' point of view🤪

Word Count: 1445

Walking through the crowd with my hand linked to my best friend, we made our way over to the bar. Tonight was our companies annual holiday party. It's always held before we take our two week break from Christmas and new years.

Dana: (yells) Why does it seem like this party gets more and more packed every year?

" (yells back) Girl I don't know. Maybe the plus ones are turning into plus 20's"

We finally got over to the bar and sat down as the bartender walked up.

Bartender: Can I get you ladies anything?

Dana: I'll have a Santa's hat cocktail please.

"I'll take the frozen hot chocolate martini."

Dana: Oh! And two peppermint bark shots also.

Bartender: (smiles) Coming right up.

As he turned to make our drinks, I started to look around the room until my eyes landed on an interesting sight.

(Vigorously taps Dana's shoulder)

Dana: Girl what?

"Don't make it too obvious but look over by the entrance."

She did as I told her and a smirk formed with her lips

Dana: He must be someone's plus 20 because I've never seen him before.

"He looks so fine! That lineup looking fresh too. Just adds to the fineness."

Bartender: Here's your drinks ladies. Let me know if you need anything else.

We grabbed the shots and clinked our glasses before tapping them to the table and tossing the liquid down our throats.

"Ooh! It's cool and spicy at the same time!"

Dana: But it was good though. Anyways, back to this mystery man...

"Wait...where did he go?"

Dana: (looking around) Damn. I think we lost him in the crowd.

"(sighs) Damn."

Dana: (snickers) Not you disappointed.

"Yes I'm disappointed. This is the first time I've been interested in a guy in a hot minute."

Dana: Oh shit. You're right. I always forget it's been 4 years since your last relationship. You know what, let's go find him.

"Dana no. I'm not about to stalk this man."

Dana: We don't have to make it look obvious. We can just dance through to crowd until we find him. Now come on.

Before I could protest any more, I had to grab my drink quickly with how fast I was being pulled away from the bar.
.
.
.
Hours later we were right back where we had started as we sat on the bar stools.

Dana: Damn I'm sorry girl. We really tried.

"It's whatever. Men come and go...literally."

Bartender: You ladies need another drink?

"Just give me some water at this point..."

Dana: Another peppermint shot for me.