Prologue

On the busy streets of Mumbai. Late evening.

In a cafe, A group of boys were enjoying themselves. Having snacks, laughing, pulling each other's leg. When one boy's phone rang.

Boy (looking at the caller ID): Hold on guys.

He received the call.

Boy: Hi bhabhi.

Girl: Sid please tu abhi hi meri office aa jaa.

Siddharth: Bhabhi sab theek hai na? Worried lag rahe ho?

Girl (requested): Sid main call par nahi bata sakti. Tu aa jaa na.

Siddharth (worried): Bhabhi... Sumu bhai ne kuch bola kya? Please unki baat ko dil par mat lena. Aap to jante ho vo gusse wale hai-

Girl (cuts him): Shant shant... Sumu aur meri koi fight nahi hui hai. We are good. Tu aana office. Kyun itne questions kiye jaa raha hai? Don't you trust me or what?

Siddharth: Alright! Coming...

Girl: Good boy.

With this, he hung up the call.

Siddharth: Guys gotta go. Bhabhi ne jaldi me bhulaya hai.

Bidding bye to his friends, He drove off towards his destination.

Soon, he reached his destination.

Siddharth (knocking at the cabin): May I come in Ms. Mallika Singh?

He teased. Mallika uff girl nodded. She seems serious.

Siddharth: Kya hua bhabhi? Sab theek to hai na? Aap itne serious lag rahe ho.

Mallika: Baitho ashu. Mujhe tumse jaruri baat karni hai.

He nodded and sat on the chair in front of her.

Mallika (sighed): Ashu... Main ye baat ke liye Abhi bhai ya Sumu ko nahi bhulaya hai idhar. Tum jante ho dono gusse me koi bhi step le lete hai without soche. Both don't have any control over their anger. Ye baat serious to hai hi utni hi sensitive bhi hai. Main nahi chahti thi vo gusse me decision leke regret kare later on.

Siddharth heard her words carefully. He was worried but nodded trying to be calm.

Siddharth: Aese kya baat hai bhabhi? Please use ghuma kar baat nahi karo.

He requested.

Mallika: Okay okay. But please listen to me carefully. Just don't react quickly.

Siddharth nodded.

Mallika: Ashu umm... Tumhare papa ke second wife. I mean Mrs Sarika Nigam. She died this afternoon.

Siddharth hummed. Letting her continue as his senses told him she wasn't done yet.

Mallika: Ashu unki beti. She is here with me. She is just a mere 7-year-old kid. You know right Sarika Nigam ran away from her family to marry Mr Nigam. So now, no one from her family member is ready to take that kid with them. She is alone in this world. I wanted to confirm if you guys want to be her guardian or should I drop her at the orphanage.

Siddharth looked at her with eyes wide open. As if asking her "Why you even thought that we would be her guardian?" Mallika got scared. She took a deep breath and calmed her.

Mallika: Abhi tum hurt ho and betrayed feel hota hai. So, maybe you feel like dropping her at the orphanage is the best option but I know Vibha maa ki teachings won't let you take such a step. If you do then will regret it later. So, I thought to confirm it once. I am no one to make decisions for her life. Sorry for troubling you and making you go through all this once more. I am sorry but she is part of your family. I am no one to make decisions for her life.