Chapter 7

Siddharth broke the hug.

Vaishnavi: Aa jaa baith yaha.

Siddharth: Nahi bhabhi. Room me hoon.

Vaishnavi: Idhar baith Ashu.

He looked at Ruhi who was lying on the bed keeping her head on Vaishnavi's lap, busy staring at Khushi.

Vaishnavi (patting beside her): Aaja.

Siddharth sat beside her.

Vaishnavi (cupping his face): Kya chal raha hai tere man me?

Siddharth (tears brimming in his eyes): Pata nahi Bhabhi...

Vaishnavi (confused): Matlab saaf saaf bata.

Siddharth (tears roll down his cheek): Fight chal rahi hai man me.

Vaishnavi (wiping his tears): Kaisi fight? Ache se bata na ashu.

Siddharth: Bhabhi jab mom ki death hui thi. I used to look at Bhai and Dadi for support. Bhai bhi bahut hurt tha, pain me the but they understood the situation. They had an idea of how to deal with it. She is alone in this world. She is also not aware of the situation. Like I had bhai and dadi for support. She doesn't have anyone. Umm... She has Dadi but according to her Dadi is a stranger. Bhabhi... I don't want to disrespect Dadi by refusing her request for something. She never asked us anything. This is the first time. She is asking us something.

Vaishnavi (nodded): I got you. You don't want her to go away?

Siddharth (looking down): It's not like that bhabhi. I don't want her to live with us. I don't want to hurt my any brother in way. I didn't want to make my mother feel that I couldn't understand her pain. I hate the fact that she is his daughter. I don't know whom should I support. My brothers or Dadi.

Sob escapes from his mouth. Ruhi turned to face him, listening to his sob. Vaishnavi hugs him tight, rubbing his back.

Vaishnavi: Tu itna mat soch Ashu. Bas tera jo kare bole vo bata. We know you love your brothers, Dadi and Maa more than anyone. We know you won't hurt them. We trust you bache. Tu itni tension na le.

Ruhi (looking at Vaishnavi): Kya hua?

Vaishnavi (rubbing Siddharth's back): Bhaiya ne daat khayi na. To sad hai.

Ruhi nodded.

Vaishnavi: Ashu shant ho jaa. Mat soch itna. Sab theek ho jayega and we trust you.

She broke the hug and made him drink water. Once, he calmed down.

Vaishnavi (patting her lap): Aa jaa yaha so jaa.

Siddharth looked at Ruhi.

Siddharth: Nahi... Main apne room me-

Vaishnavi (cuts him): Chup chap so jaa yaha. Aa jaa.

Siddharth gave in and nodded. He lay on the bed, keeping his head on Vaishnavi's lap, maintaining a good distance between him and Ruhi.

Vaishnavi (caressing their hair): Tum dono ko main ek incident batati hoon.

Ruhi nodded.

Vaishnavi: Pata hai jab hum Ruhi jitne which means Abhishek 6-7 years ka tha, Sumu 4-5 ka. Abhishek jo balcony me gaya na uska name hai. Sumedh se main kal milati hoon Ruhi.

Ruhi nodded, understanding.

Vaishnavi: Jab hum chote the to Abhishek, Sumedh, Dadi and Vibha ma jaha rehte the main tab unke neighbour me shift hui thi.

Ruhi: Abhishek and Sumedh brothers hai?

Vaishnavi: Haa... Abhishek, Sumedh, Siddharth ye teeno brothers hai.

Ruhi (pointing at Siddharth): Aapka name Siddharth hai na?

Siddharth was quiet.

Vaishnavi: Haa.

Ruhi: Abhishek and Sumedh to the to ye kaha the?

Vaishnavi (giggles): Vo Vibha ma ke tummy me tha.

Ruhi nodded.

Vaishnavi: Haa to main tab na vaha shift hui thi and Vibha ma ke baby to boys hai but unko na girl chaye thi jisko vo ready kare, new dresses leke aaye, roz uski hairstyles banaye.

Ruhi (sadly): Meri mumma bhi aese karti hai.

Vaishnavi (patting her cheek): Girls ki mumma ko aese acha lagta hai. Meri mumma bhi karti thi aese. Acha to main jab vaha shift hui to Vibha ma mere sath bahut time spend karti thi. Main Roz unke sath afternoon me games khelti thi phir shaam ko hum park jate the. Mere mumma papa office jate the to main Vibha ma ke pass hi baithti thi. Ek din pata hai Krishna Janmashtami thi.

Ruhi: Kanha ji happy birthday?

Vaishnavi nodded.

Ruhi (sadly): Mujhe mujhe school ke liye Radha banati hai us din, kanha ji ke temple jate hai aur night me mumma and main cake bhi cute karte hai

Vaishnavi: Wow! Pata hai main bhi Radha banti thi aur haa Ruhi main is baar bhi banaugi. Har baar main ready karugi Radha jaise. Khushi jab badi ho jayegi to usko bhi banayege.

Ruhi smiled, listening to Khushi's name. Her every sentence, her memory, everything has mumma. Her life was surrounded by Mumma and she was happy with her Mumma.

To be continued...