Chapter 5: First Display of Medical Skills

"What are you thinking about?" Yan Xi looked at the chubby boy's soft face, which was alternating between anger and worry.

Yan Chushi did not dare tell her what he was thinking, for fear of triggering her sad memories.

Xixi had long been looking forward to the return of the Holy Son to save her. She must have been hurt by his words. That was why she had said she was breaking all ties with him.

Yan Chushi hurriedly changed the topic, his chubby face smiling at her to make her happy. "Xixi, I remember now. I secretly buried a small bottle of medicine for wounds under the small locust tree outside the courtyard."

He had a smug expression on his face which made Yan Xi smile. To think that he could think of burying the medicine in the soil.

It was no wonder Yan Chushi could still hide resources every month even though he was being exploited by Yan Hu.

Taking advantage of the chaos in the arena, the two of them slipped out of the academy through the small door.

In fact, it was still class hours at the Holy Church Academy, so they could not leave the academy for no reason. However, Yan Chushi and Yan Xi were famous for being useless, so no teacher paid them any attention.

Yan Chushi's courtyard was also on the edge of the Yan family's residence, but it was much better than Yan Xi's in terms of layout and size.

Unlike Yan Xi, Yan Chushi's father was still alive.

Yan Xi's third uncle, Yan Wuya, was a legend in the Yan family.

He showed outstanding talent since he was young, and there was not much difference between his talent and his elder brother, Yan Wufeng's. Back then, they were known as the treasures of the Yan family.

However, Yan Wuya had a rebellious personality when he was young. After a quarrel with his family, he left home for several years, and there had been no news of him.

By the time he returned, the Yan family's genius had already become a cripple. His realm had declined, his meridians and Qi were in disorder, and there was no possibility of advancing.

At that time, he was still carrying the infant Yan Chushi in his arms, and his body was covered in blood.

He claimed that Yan Chushi was his child, but no matter how much he was asked, he would not mention anything about Yan Chushi's mother or what had happened to her all these years.

After his return, Yan Wuya's temper had become very strange. He was antisocial and often disappeared. Even when it came to his only son, Yan Chushi, he rarely asked about him and neglected him.

It was Yan Wufeng who could not stand it and carried Yan Chushi over to raise alongside Yan Xi.

Even Yan Xi could count the number of times she had seen this mysterious third uncle of hers with one hand.

"My father is not here." Yan Chushi pushed the door open and a hint of disappointment appeared on his face, but he quickly hid it.

He found a shovel in the room and was happy again. "Xixi, let's go and dig for the medicine."

Yan Xi glanced around the room and smiled. "Okay."

There was a faint smell of blood in the house. Someone must have come back not long ago but left very quickly.

They did not make it in time.

Yan Chushi huffed and puffed as he dug. He ran happily towards Yan Xi. "Xixi, here's some medicine for wounds!"

He opened it excitedly, but a strange smell came out of the bottle.

The two of them looked at each other.