Prologue

A/N: Hello there everyone! Welcome to my very first Honkai: Star Rail fic!

So I bet you're all wondering why I made this story and not continuing my RWBY x Yugioh story. Well first of, I'm still writing the next chapter as we speak, but I always has this story idea in mind that I couldn't really focus on writing anything else.

So I figure I get this story of my chest, or mind more specifically. Gotta say, I kind of proud of this story, despite the lack of a real creativity of it, I guess.

Second of, this fic will be mainly about my retelling about the Honkai: Star Rail main story. I will be stick to the canon storytelling according to the game, but adding a few more dialogue here and there between the characters, especially with the MC of this story.

This is just me trying to write this sort of fic. Depending on how people like this story, I may continue it later on. But for now, just enjoy this prologue chapter.

Now without further ado, let's get on with the story!

Disclaimer: I do not own Honkai: Star Rail or the character in them, they belong to Mihoyo/Hoyoverse.

XXXXXXXXXX

The universe is a vast and mysterious place. Many have tried to come to an understanding of what secret the seas of stars possess, and many have come to a stump in the road of their research in finding the answer.

Perhaps the most successful of this universal research, and the most widely well known to any competent modern scientific community, is the Imaginary Tree theory.

The theory goes that various worlds exist in many different spacetimes like having a tree-like structure. Every branch is a specific path along which worlds might exist, with every leaf being the marks these worlds have made along the parameter of time. The crown of the tree remains in a dynamic state as it absorbs the masterless Imaginary Energy from the space-time vasculature of the trunk. New shoots grow, withered leaves fall, and endless births and deaths occur among the countless universes

Describing the universe's structure as a "tree" may be an attitude that views the Imaginary Tree as a life form. Whether this is something that should be taken seriously or not is still to be questioned.

The one who many agreed to propose this theory is the very first member and founder of the Genius Society, Zandar One Kuwabara.

But that still leaves many unanswered questions hanging in the air for others to figure out. For this universe itself has many more fantastical and questionable beings and phenomena that still left unanswered.

The Aeons. The Pathstriders. The Emenators. The Fragmentum. The Cancer of All Worlds.

To name a few. It seems like the more one tries to find an answer, many more questions appear in its place. Many factions were created by the people to try to find their own answer. Some were friendly, some were not, and there are those who are outright melicious.

Perhaps there is just no one true answer to all of this universal question, perhaps there isn't even an answer at all. But many persisted, many thought that their answers are correct, that others were wrong, or that the answer was still out there and was just waiting to be discovered.

If one is willing to find such an answer — to find their answer — then they should embark on a journey. Such a journey will be a difficult one, and one must understand the fundamentals of such a journey.