6

Chaeyoung

My plan is working. Even though the surprise last night ended a little bad, my backup plan has been showing a success until now. The only thing that has not been done is the talk between us. I should thank Jungkook's mom for visiting his place today.

"Chaeyoung?", his voice makes me look at him.

"Hm."

"Are you okay? We're here. You're not stepping out, my love.", he says as his finger points to me to look around.

"Oh.", that is what I could say as I step out of the elevator.

"Are you okay, Chaeyoung? You were smiling for a minute in there, you know?", Jungkook asks as we walk to his apartment unit.

My eyes widen as I look at him, "You're joking."

He smiles, "No, I'm serious. You were like thinking of something while you smile like a creep in there."

I pout at him, knowing that he is teasing me, "I didn't smile like a creep."

He chuckles as we reach the front door of his apartment unit.

"Did I look like a creep?", I do not know why I feel insecure about it.

He shakes his head as he opens the door, "I'm joking. You're cute but really, you were smiling quite long. What were you thinking?"

I look at our linked hands as he leads me inside the apartment. His question reminds me of my intention to see him face to face like this.

"Chaeyoung?", we stop at the hallway as he calls my name.

I look up to his face, "I'm sorry I made your mom come here."

His eyes seem a little shocked but he hides it with a smile, "It's okay. I haven't seen her for a while too."

"Yeah but I know it's not nice to do that when we're on bad terms.", I try to talk seriously with him.

"We're not.."

"We are. We haven't talked about what happened when you went to New York to see me.", I say to him. "I really want to clear this up with you, Jungkook. It feels awkward between us now.", I add as he looks at me quietly. "At least, if we talk about it, we can clearly see where we will go from there either keep on being together or just turn back to what we used to be.", why does it feels painful at the end of these words?

"Park Chaeyoung my love...what do you mean turn back-", he pauses as he shakes his head. "We will always be together no matter how far we are from each other.", he continues as he brings up my hand and kisses the back of it softly.

His eyes seem teary.

"Can we still talk about it? Because I don't like to feel I did wrong to you but I don't know what it is, Jungkook.", I ask him before he nods to me.

"It's a misunderstanding, I guess.", he says.

"Then, let's talk and make it clear between us, please.", I take the lead to pull his hand to go to the living room.

After we sit down next to each other, I ask him to tell me what happened. At first, he sighs as if it is hard for him to tell me about it. When he begins telling me the exact date of his flight and the time he went to the company, I smile like an idiot thinking how far he would go just to see me in the United States.

"And then...", he stops.

I look at him eagerly, "And then what? You met my colleague in the elevator and then..?"

His eyes look at me with sadness as he holds my hand, "And then I saw you."

"You saw me?"

He nods, "I saw you with someone. You were standing in a room, your back was facing me and then, it happened."